For an updated list of impact players on the disabled list, check out MLBDepthCharts
Teams with Great Matchups
Phillies vs Astros - A strong Phillies lineup vs a weak Astros pitching staff should equal lots of stats for Rollins, Victorino, and Howard. Also a positive here is that the Astros bats are not that great so Halladay, Lee, and Oswalt should each have nice starts to their seasons with Ws.
Phillies win series 3-0
- Halladay(6 ip, 5 h, 1 er, 6 k, ND) Oswalt(6 ip, 5h, 2 er, 6 k, W) Lee(7 ip, 4 h , 3 er, 11 k, W)
- Howard - 7 hits, 1 2b, 1 hr, 6 rbi, 3 r
- Rollins - 6 for 12, 4 r
- Victorino - 2 for 8, 3 rbi, 0 r, 1 cs,
Atlanta at Nationals - Atlanta's starting staff could all see Ws as well. Lowe, Hudson and Hanson should shut down a young Nationals team. Prado, McCann, Chipper and Uggla should have no trouble providing owners with some nice numbers to start the season.
Braves win series 2-1
- Lowe(5.2 ip, 3 h, 0 er, 6 k, W) Hanson(RAIN DELAY, 3.2 ip, 5 h, 3 er, 1k, L) Hudson(7 ip, 3 h, 1 er, 5 k, W)
- Prado - 3 for 14, 2 2b, 1 rbi
- McCann - 6 for 13, 5 rbi
- Chipper - 5 for 13, 2 2b, 2 rbi
- Uggla - 2 for 13, 1 hr, 1 rbi
Los Angeles at Royals - With no Grienke on opening day this year, the Royals are forced to throw Luke Hochevar(19-32 5.60) against an Angels lineup thats can hit. Weaver, Haren, Santana and Kazmir will help the Angels take all 4 this weekend while the lineup smacks the ball around the park for over 40 hits in this 4 game series.
Royals win series 3-1
- Hochevar(5.2 ip, 9 h, 3 er, 5 k, L)
- Weaver(6.1 ip, 2 h, 0 er, 6 k, W) Haren((7 ip, 6 h, 1 er, 6 k, ND) Santana((6.2 ip, 7 h, 3 er, 6 k, ND) Kazmir(1.2 ip, 5 h, 5 er, 0 k, ND)
- Angels tallied 48 hits
Cubs vs Pittsburgh - With bats like Soriano, Pena, Ramirez, Byrd, Soto and Colvin, the Cubs will harass the Pirates terrible pitching. The Pirates do have some nice young talent in Tabata, Walker and Alvarez, but the Veteran Cubbies pitching staff should allow for an easy sweep with a W for Dempster, Zambrano, and Matt Garza in his NL debut.
Pirates win series 2-1
- Soriano - 2 for 12, 2 r, 1 hr, 2 rbi
- Pena - 2 for 8, 2b, 3 rbi, 3 bb
- Ramirez - 4 for 11, 2 bb
- Byrd - 2 for 14, 2 r, 2 k
- Soto - 2 for 12, 1 r
- Colvin - 1 for 7, 2 bb, 1 k
- Dempster(6.2 ip, 6 h, 6 er, 7 k, L), Zambrano(6 ip, 5 h, 3 er, 4 k, ND), Garza(7 ip, 12 h, 3 er, 12 k, ND)
Teams with Tough Matchups
Detroit at Yankees - Both teams have monster offenses, but both teams also have good starting pitching and bullpens. Sabathia vs. Verlander, Hughes vs Scherzer could be 4-3, 3-1 type games with multiple strikeouts for both starters. However, being so early in the season the hitters might have the pitchers numbers and blow up for 6-8 runs a piece!
Yankees win series 2-1
- Game 1 - Sabathia vs Verlander 6-3 Yankees
- Game 2 - Burnett vs Penny - 10-6 Yankees
- Game 3 - Scherzer vs Hughes - 10-7 Tigers
Milwaukee at Reds - Get used to this match up because it will be the best in all of baseball this season(outside Yankees/Red Sox). Both teams have loaded pitching staffs and offenses to match. Although Grienke will be missed this weekend, Gallardo will face Volquez, Marcum matches up with Travis Wood, and veterans Bronson Arroyo and Randy Wolf will do their best to shut down their opposition.
Reds win series 3-0
- Game 1 - 7-6 - Volquez vs Gallardo: Walk off 3r hr
- Game 2 - 4-2 - Wood vs Marcum
- Game 3 - 12-3 - Arroyo vs Wolf
San Francisco at Dodgers - Opening night in LA could see the two Cy Young finalists when Tim Lincecum faces Clayton Kershaw. Neither teams offense is overly impressive and with both teams pitching staffs so deep, we should see scores like 3-1, 2-0, 3-2, 4-3.
Dodgers win series 3-1
- Cain, Kershaw, Billingsley and Kuroda all got W
KeithyP's Fantasy Lineup
C - Brian McCann at Nationals - .462 avg, 5 rbi
1B - Paul Konerko at Indians - .364 avg, 3 r, 3 rbi
2B - Dan Uggla at Nationals - 2 for 13, 1 hr, 2 k
3B - Aramis Ramirez vs Pirates - .364 avg, 2 bb
SS - Troy Tulowitzki vs Diamondbacks - 0 for 8, 2 k, 2 bb
OF - Carl Crawford at Rangers - 2 for 11, 5k
P - Tim Hudson at Nationals - 7 ip, 3 h, 1 er, 5 k