It's the middle rounds of your draft and you are looking for a 3rd or 4th pitcher.
Do you take Ryan Dempster or Madison Bumgarner?
- 3 years in a row of 10+ wins, an ERA under 4.00 and at least 200 innings pitched
- Averages 189 Ks the last 3 seasons
- Injuries have never been an issue
- Typically matches up with other teams aces
- HRs allowed and ERA have jumped each of the last 3 seasons
- Turning 34 this season
- All the potential in the world and is a 6'5 Lefty
- Pitches at AT&T Park
- Minor League record of 34-6 w/ a 2.00 ERA, 8.00 so/9 and 4.09 so/bb
- Won 7 games last year in just 18 starts
Why Not Bumgarner
- Giants offense is weak so little run support
- You never know with young pitchers if they can handle a full season
- Could have an innings limit/pitch count
So who would you rather have?