1/26 - Eric Gordon is set to miss at least 3 more weeks. With this news, unless you are in a dynasty league, or have an IR roster spot, IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON. Gordon, when playing, is nearly impossible to replace via the waiver wire, but there are no other options. 6 weeks from now the season will be nearly over. Gerald Henderson is still just 74% owned in Yahoo and if available is the best option. Right behind him though is Louie Williams(73%) who has SG eligibility. Behind those two are two rookies who are really PGs with SG eligibility: Kemba Walker (66%) and Brandon Knight(59%). Kemba has been hot these past 2 weeks, but you have to remember that starter DJ Augustin has missed games.
1/25 - Luol Deng is going to be out for a "while." He has torn ligaments in his wrist and there is no real timetable for him yet. Deng has been a top 5 SF all season so replacing him will be hard. Ronnie Brewer got the start in his place on Monday night and put up 11 points and 5 boards. However, we like Shawn Marion (72% owned) as he has been the next best thing that is most likely still available in your league. If Marion is gone look for Tayshaun Prince(50%). If you league is REALLY deep, and both of those guys are gone, Trevor Ariza(62%) has returned to action and is putting up 14.5/5.5/4.3 with 2.5 steals in nearly 40 minutes a night!
If the NBA Playoffs started today, the Boston Celtics and Portland Trail Blazers would not even be in them, but the Cleveland Cavaliers would! This season continues to be impossible to figure out and oh yeah, the 7th and 8th seed in the East are currently a combined 12-19! Kevin Love for MVP
Pickup of the Week:
Andre Miller (70% owned Yahoo) - 10 points, 6.6 assists, 3.5 rebounds, 1.3 steals
Past His Prime?
Paul Pierce (99%) - 14 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 38.4 FG %, 2.6 turnovers
Teams Playing 5 Games:
Charlotte Bobcats (3-13)
- The Bobcats continue to struggle as everyone expected. Gerald Henderson continues to be the leading scorer on the team while shooting 47%. The problem is that he is only scoring 15.5 points per game so when all is said and done the Bobcats finish with about 90. Some might say that they miss Corey Magette, but I doubt his 30% FG% would help. DJ Augustin is having his best year and has improved in all categories except shooting percentage. However, he is being more aggressive and attempting more shots which has led to more points and also more assists. They might play 5 games this week, but their schedule is not all that tough. With home games against the Knicks and Wizards and road games against the Nets, Wizards and 76ers, fantasy owners of certain Bobcats can hope that the team takes advantage of what could be a big week.
Milwaukee Bucks (5-9)
- Another team that is struggling on offense, the Bucks scored just 92 points a night. They might have 11 guys who score 7 or more points, but just 3 that score more than 10 and only Brandon Jennings(19.9) scores more than 14! Rookies Jon Leuer and Tobias Harris have impressed early on with Leuer scoring nearly 7 points a night in just 18 minutes while grabbing 4 boards. He got to start last week against the Pistons and responded with 15 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists. I honestly thought he would have no chance of seeing the floor this season with Bogut, Gooden Brockman, Sanders and Illyasova in his way. Tobias Harris is beginning to become a part of the rotation and is also providing a little bit of everything. He is shooting 48% which has led to three games of 10+ points while getting just 15 minutes. The Bucks will struggle this week however, with games against some of the top teams in the NBA. With road games in Miami, Houston and Chicago, Milwaukee might not want to come home and host the Hawks and Lakers.
- John Wall and Nick Young combine for 28 shots a night. This is expected as they are the two best offensive players on the Wizards. Problem is, they only make 10 of their shots on any given night. The only player on the roster who shoots over 40% while attempting 10+ shots is JaVale McGee. If you own any player on this team outside of Wall/McGee, we suggest you get rid of them. This is a short season remember, so there is no time to fall any further behind while holding onto a guy like Nick Young. With 3 road games this week against the 76ers, Rockets and Bobcats, and home games against the Celtics and Bobcats, Wall and McGee might not even be able to help you this week.
Everybody else plays 3 or 4 games except for the Denver Nuggets who play just 2
- The 76ers play all 4 games at home
- The Bulls, Mavericks and Warriors play their 3 at home
- The Grizzlies, Knicks and Raptors play all 4 games on the road
- The Hawks play their 3 on the road
- The Portland Trail Blazers have the only back-back-back of the week
- Home against the Kings and Grizzlies, then travel to Golden State
If you have any roster questions don't hesitate to leave a comment!