Thursday Night Football
September 13, 2012
Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers
8:20pm EST on NFL Network
Have a dilemma at RB/WR? Cant figure out which player to start? Leave your question in the comment section and we will hook you up with the right answer!
If we have given you a suggestion as to who you should play, please reply on Monday or Tuesday and let us know what you did and if it worked!
For the latest injury reports, check out Fantasy Football Toolbox!
Fav QB Matchup - Cam Newton vs Saints
After seeing what rookie Robert Griffin III (19/26, 320, 2 TD, 40 rushing yards) did to this Saints defense in his first career start you have to assume a similar outcome for Cam Newton. Newton and Griffin III play almost identical styles of quarterback, and watching the Saints have trouble with the scrambling ability of RGIII you have to imagine Newton is salivating at the thought of this match up. Expect Newton to bounce back and have a big game in week 2.
- Cam had a super efficient game completing 70% of his 20 passing attempts for 253 yards and a score. He also rushed for 71 yards and scored as well.
Fav RB Matchup - Adrian Peterson @ Colts
The Colts defense struggled against the Bears in week 1, but that didn't surprise anyone. Matt Forte and Michael Bush had a field day finishing with a combined 122 rushing yards and 3 TDs. It would have been worse if Jay Cutler didn't throw the ball 35 times. Don't expect Christian Ponder to throw it 30+ times, but do expect Peterson (who rushed for 84 yards and 2 TDs against the Jags) to get 25 carries for well over 100 yards and multiple scores.
- Peterson was contained and gained just 80 total yards on 16 carries and 3 catches. He did not score
Fav WR Matchup - Brandon Lloyd vs Cardinals
While most opposing defenses focus on shutting down or at least somewhat containing Gronkowski and Hernandez, Brandon Lloyd is still a true deep threat. It isn't often the Patriots rush more times than pass (35 rush, 31 pass) and I don't expect it to happen against a pretty solid defense in Arizona. With that being said, Lloyd led the Patriots in yards with 69 and targets with 8 and I expect the Patriots to throw the ball more in week 2, which means Lloyd might be targeted 10+ times and should find the endzone.
- Lloyd was targeted a team high 11 times and caught 8 passes for 60 yards. He failed to score. Not a terrible game in PPR leagues but killed all owners in non-ppr formats.
Fav TE Matchup - Antonio Gates vs Titans
In week 1 the Titans had no answer for the Patriots tight end's and got completely burned by them. Rob Gronkowski had 6 catches for 60 yards and a TD, and Aaron Hernandez had 6 catches 59 yards and a TD. With Gates size and athletic ability comparable to Gronkowski and Hernandez he should see a lot of passes coming his way, in what should be a big game for the Chargers tight end.
- The Chargers TE did catch 3 TDs this week, expect it was Dante Rosario instead of Antonio Gates, who was a LATE scratch. Would have been WONDERFUL to have had Gates suit up. Word to the wise, play all TEs against the Titans!
Fav DEF Matchup - Bengals @ Browns
Well it wasn't pretty for Brandon Weeden in his NFL debut. In front of the hometown fans Weeden finished 12/35 for 118 yards with 4 INTs, he also fumbled twice but the Eagles failed to recover both times. The Browns go on the road and play the Bengals in what will be Weeden's first road start. Not only will Weeden have to deal with a loud chaotic Cincinnati crowd, he'll also knows he's one more awful start from becoming Colt McCoy's backup. With all these factors you have to imagine Weeden struggles again and the Bengals should cash in on a huge defense day.
- While the Bengals did win the game, the defense had trouble stopping rookie RB Trent Richardson. They did however help regain some points by recovering a fumble and recording two sacks and scored on a punt return.
Upset of the Week (1-0)
Ravens @ Eagles
Pick 6 (5-1)
Bengals vs Browns
Patriots vs Cardinals
Texans @ Jaguars
Redskins @ Rams
Cowboys @ Seahawks
Raiders @ Dolphins
Things to look for:
Bears @ Packers - Will the Bears use a run heavy offense to keep Rodgers off the field? Or will the Packers go up big early and force Jay Cutler to air it out?
- The Bears lost Forte for a while and Jay Cutler looked SCARED and LOST. At this point it is difficult to know how proficient they will be going forward. The Packers defense looked intimidating for the first time in a long time.
- It is quite clear Wilson is buried in the dog house! Bradshaw left the game early and the majority of carries went to 3rd stringer Andre Brown. Eli lead the Giants as usual to a late 4th quarter comeback and the offense EXPLODED for 500 passing yards and 41 points
Jets @ Steelers - Can the Jets continue an uptempo offense against the Steelers D? Does Tebow get a chance to throw?
- The Steelers shut down the high flying Jets and brought the entire football back to reality. The Jets offense stinks. Tebow did not attempt a pass.
Redskins @ Rams - Will RG3 come back down to earth, or does he have a repeat performance?
- RG3 scored 3 times (twice on the ground) and it was the defense that was disappointing and dropped the ball in this one.
Browns @ Bengals - Will we see Colt McCoy take over the QB duties in Cleveland?
- Brandon Weeden rebounded VERY nicely and proved to fans and ownership why they drafted him and gave him the starting gig.
Raiders @ Dolphins - Will we see Matt Moore take over the QB duties in Miami?
- With tons of help from Reggie Bush, Tannehill lead the Dolphins to their first win of the season and the first of his career.
Chiefs @ Bills - Both teams gave up 40 points in blow out loses to open the season, who comes prepared in this match up?
- It is clear that the Chiefs will not be playing much defense this season as the Bills scored 35 points.
Saints @ Panthers - Will this match up be the highest scoring game of the week? Leave your answer in the comment section!
- This game actually did end up with the second most points scored, behind the Giants Bucs game.