This trade will ultimately hurt Redick's fantasy value as he won't be the best scorer on the team anymore. In Orlando he was able to take as many shots as he wanted because the Magic are 15-39 and simply lack scorers. He now moves over to Milwaukee where the Bucks sit in the 8th and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Redick was seeing 31.5 minutes a night in Orlando, as the team had to deal with a ton of injuries all season long. Just to name a few - Glen Davis out 8-12 weeks with broken foot, Hedo Turkoglu various injuries and missed 36 games, Al Harrington has not played a game all year, and Jameer Nelson is now dealing with a patella tendon strain in his left knee.
Redick will come off the bench for the Bucks as Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings start at the guard positions, but will still get around 20-25 minutes a night. You can expect his scoring to go down though, as he was averaging 15 points a night in Orlando on nearly 12 shots. Both Ellis and Jennings shoot the ball 17 times a game and Ersan Ilyasova and Mike Dunleavy are right around 10 shots a night. So Redick will have to work for his shots and you should expect him to score about 10 points off the bench for the Bucks.
With Jameer Nelson going down with a patella tendon strain in his left knee, it is possible he is required to miss some time. An MRI on Saturday will determine how long. But with that being said, the acquisition of Beno Udrih comes at a great time. If Nelson is required to miss any time then Udrih will step right in and start for the Magic, otherwise expect him to be Nelson's backup and play a similar role as he did with the Bucks.
Arron Afflalo owners should be jumping for joy now that Redick is gone! Afflalo has the opportunity to become a 20 point scorer and attempt 15+ shots per night. Back in December, Afflalo dropped 19 poitns per game while averaging just over 15 shots per night. He is also a much better 3 point shooter than his 33% this season, as he is a career 39% shooter from downtown.
Other NBA Trade Dealine moves:
- New York Knicks trade Ronnie Brewer to the Oklahoma City Thunder
- Atlanta Hawks trade Anthony Morrow to Dallas Mavericks
- If he actually gets playing time, he can knock down 3 balls with the best of them!
- Charlotte Bobcats trade Hakim Warrick to Orlando Magic for Josh McRoberts
- Warrick has since been waived, so Andrew Nicholson should see 30+ minutes until Al Harrington returns.
- Oklahoma City Thunder trade Eric Maynor to the Blazers
- Should see some run behind Damian Lillard
- Washington Wizards trade Jordan Crawford to Boston for Leandro Barbosa
- Busy backcourt in Boston but could become valuable down the stretch
- Phoenix Suns trade Sebastian Telfair to the Raptors
- Should steal all of John Lucas minutes and could even play some shooting guard