Using NBA 2K13 on XBOX 360 we are going to be simulating each game of the NBA Finals and posting the results the day of each game. We have the most up to date roster,the most accurate rotations and minutes per player on each team and updated player tendencies, which will result in simulations that will give us realistic scores and stats. We will break down each game, quarter by quarter and talk about players who played well, and players who really struggled.
Game 2 - Sunday, June 9th, 2013
San Antonio Spurs @ Miami Heat
8:00 PM on ABC
Quarter 1 - Spurs 31 Heat 27
- Tony Parker leads the way for the Spurs with 7 points on 2-4 shooting. Tim Duncan has 6 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists. Tiago Splitter goes 2-2 from the field and has 5 points and 3 rebounds.
- For the Heat Lebron James is off to a hot start with 8 points on 4-6 shooting, and also has 2 rebounds and 3 assists. Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh have 9 points combined and they'll need to continue to put the ball in the hoop and help out Lebron throughout the game. In just 4 minutes a piece Mike Miller and Norris Cole each have 5 points but Cole has picked up 2 quick fouls.
Quarter 2 - Spurs 48 Heat 43
- Danny Green has a big quarter scoring 9 points, hitting a couple of 3's and leads the Spurs in points with 11 heading into halftime. Duncan continues to fill up the stat sheet with 8 points, 9 rebounds and 3 assists. Tony Parker is just 4-11 from the field with 9 points, 2 assists and 2 rebounds. Manu Ginobili is providing a spark off the bench with 6 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists.
- As expected the majority of the Heat's points come from the big 3. Lebron and Wade each have 10 and Bosh has 9 points. Mario Chalmers and Ray Allen are a combined 1-7 with 2 points.
Quarter 3 - Spurs 75 Heat 74
- Despite the Heat making this a 1 point game heading into the 4th quarter, the Spurs big men are starting to dominate. Duncan has a double double already with 14 points and 13 rebounds, and Splitter has 10 points, and 6 rebounds. Tony Parker had 7 points in the quarter, and Green continues his nice game and has 15 points. Ginobili is closing in on a double double with 10 points and 7 rebounds.
- Lebron scored 10 points in the quarter and is now 10-12 from the field. Aside from Ray Allen who has yet to hit a shot (3 points on 3 free throws), the Heat have to be happy with their bench play from Miller and Cole. Cole has 9 points and Miller has 8 points and 4 rebounds.
Quarter 4 - Heat 98 Spurs 95
- Dissapointing ending for the Spurs who fail to close out the 4th quarter. Splitter was a non factor in the quarter and aside from Ginobili, they got next to nothing from their bench. Coach Popovich cannot be happy with the team's sloppy play as they had 8 turnovers in the 4th, including a few in the final minute of the game.
- Not surpring Lebron James took over the 4th quarter, but very surprising that Chris Bosh had 12 points, including the go ahead bucket to win it for the Heat. Lebron finishes just 2 assists shy of a triple double. The Heat have to feel good getting this win as Ray Allen misses all of his shots including 0-4 from downtown and Shane Battier fails to score.
You would think having 5 different scorers in double figures would be enough for the Spurs to take game 2 but that did not happen. Duncan and Parker each had 22 which is expected each night. 15 points from Danny Green was huge but he had 15 points through 3 quarters and missed 4 shots in the 4th. Ginobili had a double double off the bench but aside from him the Spurs bench was useless. Splitter shows signs of being a dominate player but he's not aggressive enough and 10 points and 6 rebounds is not enough from him. Kawhi Leonard had a rough night being defended by Lebron and was just 2-5 from the field for 6 points and 4 turnovers including 2 key turnovers down the stretch which might be the reason the Spurs lost this game and it's something Coach Popovich will consider when making his rotations for game 3. The Spurs did a great job with just 8 turnovers through the first 3 quarters but having 8 in the 4th is never a good thing, especially against the Heat who will take advantage of those miscues.
This was the performance from the Big 3 that the Heat fans were waiting for, as they combine to score 70 of the teams 98 points. The Spurs had no answer from Lebron as he was 14-16 from the field and was 2 assists away from a triple double. Chris Bosh came alive in the 4th quarter, scoring 12 of his 23 points, including the go ahead bucket. He also banged bodies down low all night and grabbed 9 boards. Dwyane Wade added 19 points and was 8-18 from the field. Not much more you can ask for from these 3. The only question is can they keep it going for game 3 when they play on the road in San Antonio. Miami got a solid performance from Norris Cole and Mike Miller off the bench as they combined for 17 points and hit three 3's. Chalmers struggled going 2-7 from the field which is a concern for coach Erik Spoelstra but he did add 6 boards and 5 assists. Ray Allen and Shane Battier failed to make a field goal, but you know Allen will bounce back but Battier has been off all playoffs and is now seeing less than 10 minutes a night.
Lebron James - 28 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals, 1 block
Dwyane Wade - 19 points, 2 rebound, 2 assists, 1 steal
Chris Bosh - 23 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assist, 1 steal, 1 block
Ray Allen - 3 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal
Mario Chalmers - 4 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal
Norris Cole - 9 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist
Mike Miller - 8 points, 4 rebound, 1 assist
Shane Battier - 0 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist
Udonis Haslem - 2 point, 5 rebounds
Chris Andersen - 2 points, 1 rebound
Tony Parker - 22 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals
Danny Green - 15 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block
Tim Duncan - 22 points, 16 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 1 block
Manu Ginobili - 12 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists
Tiago Splitter - 10 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block
Kawhi Leonard - 6 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block
Gary Neal - 3 points, 1 rebound, 1 steal
Matt Bonner - 3 points, 1 rebound
Boris Diaw - 2 points
Cory Joseph - 0 points, 1 rebound
Field Goal Percentage - Heat 51% (44/85) / Spurs 45% (37/81)
3 Pointers - Heat 26% (4/15) / Spurs 27% (5/18)
Free Throws - Heat 66% (6/9) / Spurs 59% (16/27)
Fast Break Points - Heat 8 / Spurs 18
Points in the Paint - Heat 44 / Spurs 40
2nd Chance Points - Heat 14 / Spurs 14
Bench Points - Heat 22 / Spurs 20
Assists - Heat 23 / Spurs 23
OFF Rebounds - Heat 3 / Spurs 10
DEF Rebounds - Heat 41 / Spurs 40
Steals - Heat 6 / Spurs 9
Blocks - Heat 2 / Spurs 4
Turnovers - Heat 16 / Spurs 16