At 8:00pm the RotoInfo Listeners League drafted. This is a 10 team league.
Led by a Terrific Group of RBs, @WeTlkFntsySprts Hopes to Land Among the League's Elite
Draft Grade: BA mediocre draft slot can often result in a mediocre draft performance. Picking seventh overall, @WeTlkFntsySprts is projected to land in fifth place in RotoInfo.com's Listener Lg. League with a record of 8-5-0 (1,806 points). @WeTlkFntsySprts stocked up on pass-catching weapons early on, using three of their first five selections to pick up WRs Randall Cobb (third round), Reggie Wayne (fourth round), and Eric Decker (fifth round). They ended up with one of the top sets of RBs in the league, as they added Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Chris Ivory, and Montee Ball.
The Season AheadWhether by good fortune or well-planned strategy, @WeTlkFntsySprts has secured a favorable bye week schedule for their superstars. Of their top five players in projected points, none share a common off week. From the perspective of opponents' projected points, they have a less-challenging-than-average schedule. Along with the fourth-easiest overall schedule, both the first four games and last four games of the season are about league-average difficulty for @WeTlkFntsySprts. Starting in Week 1, @WeTlkFntsySprts will have to navigate a tricky part of the schedule, squaring off against projected top-tier teams in the league three times in a five-game span.
- Strongest Position: With four better-than-average positions on @WeTlkFntsySprts, RB (8.9% above the league average) and TE (8.4%) are projected as especially strong units.
- Team of Champions: @WeTlkFntsySprts has a lineup sprinkled with proven fantasy winners. Across all Yahoo! leagues last season, four of their players finished among the top 20 in percentage of times on a championship roster. They include Randall Cobb, Reggie Wayne, and Tony Gonzalez.
- Taking a Chance: With their 11th-round pick, @WeTlkFntsySprts threw caution to the wind. They took Jordan Cameron at pick number 107 vs. an ADP of 123.7 across all Yahoo! leagues.
- Don't Rock the Boat: @WeTlkFntsySprts was focused on a steady squad, grabbing eight consistent players out of 18 picks.
- Aging Stars: The top half of the roster (from a projected points perspective) is relatively old (ranked No. 2 in the league with an average of 8.1 years of NFL experience), whereas the bottom half is fairly young (No. 8 with 3.8 years).
At 8:30pm our own We Talk Fantasy Sports league drafted. This is a 12 team league that has seen the same championship matchup in the previous two seasons!
With a Projected Finish of Second (10-3-0), KeithyP Figures to Contend for the League's Top Spot
Draft Grade: B+
Draft Grade: B+
Corresponding with a solid draft slot (sixth overall), KeithyP had a stellar showing. With a mark of 10-3-0 (1,231 points), they're projected to finish second in We Talk Fantasy Sports League. With four RBs on the roster, KeithyP has quality and quantity at that spot; their RBs are projected to average 123 points this season, more than the league average of 115. They ended up with one of the least prolific pairs of QBs in the league, as they scooped up Robert Griffin III and Andy Dalton.
The Season AheadWeek 9 figures to be a difficult one for KeithyP, as it is the week when the most players (6) and most projected fantasy points are on bye. They have one of the hardest schedules in We Talk Fantasy Sports League when factoring in opponents' projected points. Along with having the third-most grueling overall schedule, KeithyP also has the second-most difficult last four games of the season. An especially easy stretch appears to start in Week 1, during which KeithyP plays projected bottom-tier teams for two consecutive games.
- Sturdiest Slot: On a team with four better-than-average positions, DEF is the best player grouping on KeithyP (20.1% above the league average for that group).
- Team of Champions: KeithyP has a lineup sprinkled with proven fantasy winners. Across all Yahoo! leagues last season, three of their players finished among the top 20 in percentage of times on a championship roster. They include Demaryius Thomas, Reggie Wayne, and Tony Gonzalez.
- On Autopilot: Selecting starting RBs should be a simple task most weeks for KeithyP, as the projected points difference between their second-ranked (Reggie Bush) and third-ranked (BenJarvus Green-Ellis) RBs is significant.
- Don't Rock the Boat: KeithyP was focused on a steady squad, grabbing five consistent players out of 14 picks.
- Mr. Mendoza: Knowshon Moreno is owned in fewer than 10% of Yahoo! leagues (7%). Let's hope that a.) KeithyP has some solid inside information, or b.) he's a close friend of the family.
- All Their Eggs in One Basket: The fantasy hopes of KeithyP might rest heavily on the fortunes of the Denver Broncos, as they have four of them on their roster.