Air It Out
- Only 6 QBs threw for at least 300 yards and what may only happen one time this season, Ben Roethlisberger led the NFL in passing Week 3 with 406 yards!
- Brian Hoyer was on that list of QBs who tossed 300+ yards. Robert Griffin III and Hoyer were the only QBs to complete 30+ passes and both attempted at least 50
- Russell Wilson tossed 4 touchdowns and like Philip Rivers in Week 1, had to complete just 14 passes!
Ground and Pound
- 5 running backs rushed for at least 100 yards, led by DeMarco Murray's 175 yards
- Bilal Powell led all backs with 27 carries, thanks to a Chris Ivory injury. Powell gained 149 yards but failed to score a TD
- 9 different RBs got at least 20 carries
- Christian Ponder was the only player to rush for 2 TDs
Stretch the Field
- 8 wide receivers gained 100+ yards as did TE Jimmy Graham
- In his season debut, with Brian Hoyer under center, Josh Gordon was the only receiver to haul in 10 receptions. Antonio Brown, Julio Jones and Graham each had 9
- The Browns shocked the Vikings after trading Trent Richardson and sitting Brandon Weeden as Jordan Cameron caught 3 touchdowns!
- Santonio Holmes caught 5 passes and averaged over 30 yards per reception!
Who Are You?
- Jonathan Franklin made a name for himself with 103 rushing yards on 13 carries and a rushing TD. Franklin finished the game after last weeks craze James Starks left the game with an injury
- Last season, the Seattle Seahawks rarely, if ever, looked at their TE as a passing option. In yesterday's win over the Jacksonville Jaguars, Luke Wilson caught 5 passes for 76 yards and Zack Miller caught 2 TDs!
- Brian Hoyer made his season debut and threw 3 TDs and 3 INTs. He QBd the same team that scored just 16 points over the first 2 weeks. While they did gain Josh Gordon this week, they lost Trent Richardson, which to me would be a bigger loss then gain, but obviously not for the Browns! They rushed for 103 yards on just 17 carries. These limited carries were split between Bobby Rainey, Willis McGahee, Chris Obgonnaya, Hoyer, Gordon and Josh Aubrey. And yes, somehow this team beat the Minnesota Vikings.