Air It Out
- 7 QBs threw for over 300 yards in Week 5, including Jay Cutler and Cam Newton
- Tony Romo and Peyton Manning put on a show on Sunday Night Football combining for 920 yards, 9 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. They completed 58 of their 78 pass attempts.
- 5 QBs threw 3 interceptions, including Eli Manning who now has 12 interceptions and just 8 TDs
- Jimmy Graham and Alshon Jeffery led the NFL with 10 receptions each
- Hakeem Nicks, Jason Witten, Danny Woodhead, and Pierre Thomas had 9 catches
- 15 players had 100+ receiving yards but no RBs and just 3 TEs
Who Are You?
- The Philadelphia Eagles lost Michael Vick towards the end of the 1st half and Nick Foles finished the game with 197 passing yards going 16 for 25 and throwing 2 scores. The Eagles play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers next week, who have done a nice job against the pass, but I still like Foles as a BYE week filer or Vick replacement should #7 not be healthy for Week 6 action.
- The NFL and fantay football owners saw the future of the WR position explode this week as Alshon Jeffery, Terrance Williams, T.Y. Hilton, Vincent Brown, Keenan Allen and Rueben Randle combined for 835 receiving yards, 38 receptions and 7 touchdowns.
- Jeffery connected with Jay Cutler 10 times for 218 yards and a score
- Williams averaged nearly 40 yards per reception, picking up 151 yards on 4 caches from Romo, thanks to an 82 yards TD.
- Hilton and Luck connected on 5 passes for 140 yards and 2 touchdowns
- The San Diego Chargers saw their 2 young receivers hook up with Philip Rivers for 232 yards. Brown had 8 receptions for 117 yards while Allen hauled in 6 for 115 and a TD.
- Randle caught 6 passes from Eli for 96 yards and got in the endonze twice for the 0-5 New York Giants
- Zac Stacy rushed for 78 yards on 14 carries, starting for the St. Louis Rams
Is There A Doctor In the House?
- Calvin Johnson was a very late scratch from Week 5 action for the Detroit Lions
- Michael Vick pretty much took himself out of the game after a long run, untouched, he ran out of bounds and grabbed his hammy. We are waiting for MRI results
- Ryan Mathews suffered a concussion against the Oakland Raiders. Pick up Danny Woodhead immediately!
- David Wilson suffered a neck injury, but was able to sneak in a TD score before leaving the game. He has claimed to pass all tests and should be ok for next week.
Ignoring the Ground Game
- Jamaal Charles and Marshawn Lynch were the ONLY RBs to rush for 100 yards this week! Russell Wilson was the only other player to reach that mark.
- Ray Rice and Fred Jackson were the only backs to rush for multiple touchdowns.
- Just 6 different running backs rushed the ball 20+ times including Willis McGahee and Eddie Lacy