The Chicago Bears may have to take the field tonight on Sunday Night Football without Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery. Both Bears receivers suffered Week 1 injuries that could keep them sidelined Week 2. This will make Jay Cutler's night much more difficult but Matt Forte could see 10+ targets and ton of touches. We might even see Ka'Deem Carey a bit tonight!
Major questions about Bears WRs, Marshall and Jeffery. One source said "75 percent" sure neither plays tonight. Bears signed two PS WRs Sat.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 14, 2014
Tweets about "marshall, jeffery, bears"
We suggest grabbing a 1pm WR today like Andrew Hawkins, or Greg Jennings if available, if you do not have a reliable replacement on your bench.
There are LIMITED options after the 1pm games today as just the Rams @ Bucs, Seahawks @ Chargers, Texans @ Raiders, Jets @ Packers, and Chiefs @ Broncos play at 4pm with the Bears @ 49ers tonight and Eagles @ Colts on Monday Night Football.
- Rams have limited options at WR to begin with, let alone finding one left that is available like Brian Quick
- Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans were drafted
- Percy Harvin is the lone legit threat on Seattle, and not available
- The Chargers leave you with no options because LOB
- Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins are rostered
- The Raiders may have James Jones available for you depending on league depth, otherwise it is Rod Streater or Denarius Moore for you!
- Eric Decker is owned
- With Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb drafted, the Packers have nothing left for you in your league
- Do you want Donnie Avery if he is still available?
- Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders are taken
- The 49ers Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin are gone
SO, That leaves us with Santonio Holmes to replace Marshall or Jeffery, if you can scoop him before someone else does.