Week 1 was led by Le'Veon Bell's 19.85 fantasy points thanks to 197 total yards, and a TD. Marshawn Lynch (19.70), Mark Ingram (15.55) and Isaiah Crowell (13.60) were the only RBs with multi TD days. We highlighted 5 RBs we thought had bad matchups last week, and here are the results:
- Eddie Lacy - 3.75 fantasy points
- Suffered a concussion, gained just 34 yards on 11 carries and added 3 catches for 11 yards. James Starks finished the game.
- DeMarco Murray - 13.65
- Murray had a nice game against the Niners, rushing for 118 yards on 22 carries, scoring a touchdown. He added 3 catches for 25 yards. His TD came with the Cowboys down 25 in the 3rd quarter.
- Giovani Bernard - 8.50
- Doug Martin - 1.30
- Rashad Jennings - 12.80
- Jennings gained just 46 yards on 12 carries, but managed to score a goalline TD. He added 4 receptions for 50 yards.
Jamaal Charles is projected to get the most points this week (11.93), but a matchup with this new Denver Broncos defense is not appealing to me, especially the way the Kansas City Chiefs offense operating in Week 1 against the Tennessee Titans.
LeSean McCoy @ Indianapolis Colts (11.22 projected fantasy points)
- Darren Sproles saw 11 carries to McCoy's 21, which is NOT a number fantasy owners like, unless of course your own Sproles and not McCoy. Each back saw 6 targets. The Colts defense is not good, yet held Montee Ball to just 2.6 yards per carry. He did score a TD. The Eagles scored 34 points in the 2nd half of their strange win over the Jaguars, and an offense like that vs this defense is a dream come true for fantasy owners!
Adrian Peterson vs New England Patriots (11.61)
- Peterson was outdone by his own teammate, Cordarrelle Patterson, who rushed for 102 yards (67 long), in a Week 1 matchup with the St. Louis Rams. Minnesota dominated St. Louis, but Peterson averaged just 3.6 yards per carry. The Pats are coming off a loss to the Dolphins in which they allowed Knowshon Moreno and Lamar Miller to each score a TD and saw Moreno average 5.6 yards per carry on 24 attempts. Could be a big week for AD.
Giovani Bernard vs Atlanta Falcons (10.56)
- As mentioned above Mark Ingram rushed for 2 scores in Week 1, and that was against the Falcons. Khiry Robinson also rushed for a TD in that game and the New Orleans Saints backfield picked up 119 yards on 26 carries. We just have to pray the Bengals give Gio more than 20 carries this week!
Arian Foster @ Oakland Raiders (10.42)
- Foster took 27 handoffs from Ryan Fitzpatrick in Week 1 against the Washington Redskins, gained 103 yards, but failed to score. The Raiders allowed 170 rushing yards (71 long by Chris Ivory) to Chris Johnson and Ivory of the New York Jets on just 23 carries last week , so things are looking up for Foster in Week 2.
Knowshon Moreno (7.25) / Lamar Miller @ Buffalo Bills (5.16)
- The Bills are coming off a HUGE win over the Chicago Bears in Chicago, but Matt Forte totaled 169 totaled yards, and caught 8 passes out of the backfield. He failed to score a TD, but was still very productive.and finished as the 10th RB in Week 1. Moreno and Miller are coming off huge games against the New England Patriots, and when the Dolphins Lazor version of the Eagles Kelly offense was clicking, they moved the ball with ease. Moreno took 24 handoffs vs Miller's 11, but Miller caught 4 of his 5 targets, one for a TD, while Moreno was not involved in the pass attack.