Air It Out
- Aaron Rodgers was the only QB to throw for over 300 yards as he torched the Jets for 346 yards and 3 touchdowns. He made it a point to get the ball to Jordy Nelson who finished the game with 9 receptions, 209 yards and a touchdown.
- Jay Cutler only threw for 176 yards but he threw 4 touchdowns! 3 of them went to Brandon Marshall, who was thought to be on the sidelines for most of the day. If you benched him, do not feel bad! You had to prepare for the worst and unless you have a Colts or Eagles receiver on your bench, you kind of ran out of options!
- Surprisingly, Philip Rivers had a great day against the Seattle Seahawks. Rivers threw for 284 yards and hit up Antonio Gates for 3 scores.
- Peyton Manning had a boring game - 21/26 for 242 yards and 3 TDs.
- Tight ends had themselves a huge day for fantasy owners!
- Delanie Walker - 10 catches for 142 yards and a TD
- Jimmy Graham - 10 catches for 118 yards and 2 TDs
- Niles Paul - 8 catches for 99 yards and a TD
- Antonio Gates - 7 catches for 96 yards and 3 TDs
- Larry Donnell - 7 catches for 81 yards
- Dez Bryant had a nice bounce back game with 10 receptions, 103 yards and a touchdown
- Rookie Sammy Watkins made his presence felt with 8 catches for 117 yards and his first career touchdown
- James Jones was a lone bright spot for the Raiders as he had 112 receiving yards on 9 catches and found the end zone.
- Although the yards weren't there (thanks a lot Jordy!), Randall Cobb still found pay dirt twice.
43 things you need to know from Sunday’s games http://t.co/wJHQSzrRYW— Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) September 15, 2014
Ground and Pound
- DeMarco Murray led all running backs this week with 167 yards and a touchdown. He has now started the year with back to back games with 100+ yards and a TD.
- Doug Martin was a surprising scratch Sunday morning, and Bobby Rainey filled in nicely. Rainey ran for 144 yards on 22 carries.
- For the second straight week Arian Foster went over the century mark. He finished the game with 138 yards and a TD.
- Apparently Stevan Ridley has regained his job as the Patriots starting RB..for now. Ridley ran for 101 yards on 25 carries and scored a TD.
- Giovani Bernard saw 27 carries and ran for 90 yards and a TD.
- On only 15 carries Andre Ellington ran for 91 yards.
- Alfred Morris ran for 2 touchdowns and 85 yards.
- Although Josh McCown failed to throw for a touchdown, he used his legs to score twice.
- Filling in for an injured Jamaal Charles, Knile Davis ran for 79 yards and 2 scores.
Defense Wins Championships
- The Washington Redskins held the Jaguars to just 10 points. Washington's defense sacked Chad Henne 10 times and picked him off once. Ryan Kerrigan had 4 sacks.
- The New England Patriots took advantage of an Adrian Peterson-less Vikings team. New England allowed 7 points, picked off Matt Cassel 4 times and sacked him 6 times. They also blocked a field goal and returned it for a touchdown.
- Arizona forced 4 New York Giants turnovers, forcing Eli Manning to throw 2 INTs and they recovered 2 fumbles.
- After scoring 37 points in week 1 against the Saints, the Falcons only mustered up 10 points against the Bengals who picked off Matt Ryan 3 times.
- Knile Davis replaced an injured Jamaal Charles and scored 2 touchdowns in a loss to the Broncos.
- After Roy Helu Jr. went down with an injury and the Redskins jumped out to a huge lead against the Jaguars, Silas Redd was given 8 carries, which he ran for 41 yards and a TD.
- Jonathan Dwyer stole a 1-yard touchdown away from Andre Ellington, who would of had a great day if that was his TD.
- Peyton Manning loves tight ends, not only did he throw another TD to Julius Thomas, but he also hit up his old Colts teammate Jacob Tamme in the back of the end zone.
- After Robert Griffin III left the game, Kirk Cousins came in and on his first pass threw a 20-yard touchdown to FB Darrel Young.
- Speaking of FBs Matthew Stafford threw a touchdown to his FB Jed Collins.
- Seahawks backup running back Robert Turbin caught a 3-yard touchdown from Russell Wilson.
- Daniel Fells made the most of his 1 catch - it went for a 1 yard touchdown for Eli.
Is There a Doctor in the House?!
- RG3 season could be over
- Jamaal Charles ankle injury
- Vernon Davis left with an ankle injury
- Eric Decker hamstring injury
- Ryan Mathews could miss 2-4 weeks with a knee injury
- DeSean Jackson left with a shoulder injury
- Knowshon Moreno dislocated his elbow and will likely miss 4 weeks
- A.J. Green turf toe