Air It Out
- Well it was the Andrew Luck show in Indy as the Colts blew out the Jaguars (big surprise right?) 44-17. Luck was 31/39 for 370 yards and 4 touchdowns.
- 4 different receivers caught touchdowns - Ahmad Bradshaw, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener and Hakeem Nicks
- Robert Griffin III who? Kirk Cousins threw for 427 yards and 3 touchdowns in a loss to the Eagles.
- Nick Foles matched Cousins with his 325 yards and 3 touchdowns.
- Rookie Jordan Matthews scored 2 touchdowns on 8 catches and Jeremy Maclin caught 8 balls for 154 yards and scored in his third straight game.
- Despite a loss to the Seahawks in OT, Emmanuel Sanders did all he could to keep the Broncos in the game as he caught 11 passes from Peyton Manning for 149 yards.
- Victor Cruz finally helped out fantasy owners and the New York Football Giants as he went 107 yards and a score.
- A.J. Green wasn't even supposed to play this week but he still went for 6 and 102.
- Steve Smith continues to be the Smith to own in Baltimore as he caught 5 balls for 101 yards. He now has 18 receptions for 290 yards. Torrey Smith had just 2 catches for 25 yards and now has a grand total of 6 catches for 95 yards.
- Although they didn't score, Stevie Johnson (9 for 103), DeAndre Hopkins (6 for 116) and Michael Floyd (5 for 114) all went over the century mark.
- Julian Edelman and Michael Crabtree each hauled in 10 receptions. Edelman went for 84 yards, and Crabtree went for 80 yards and a score.
- Antonio Brown caught 10 passes from Ben Roethlisberger for 90 yards and two touchdowns.
Ground and Pound
- Rashad Jennings destroyed the Houston Texans defense as he carried the ball 34 times for 176 yards and found paydirt.
- No Jamaal Charles, no problem. The Chiefs made Knile Davis into a workhorse as he ran for 132 yards and a touchdown on 32 carries.
- In a losing effort, Lamar Miller ran for 108 yards on just 15 carries! That's 7.2 yards per carry.
- DeMarco Murray is now 3-3. In all 3 games this year Murray has gone for 100+ yards and a touchdown.
- With no Ray Rice or Bernard Pierce, it was supposed to be Justin Forsett's time to shine. However rookie Lorenzo Taliaferro stole the show with 91 yards and a touchdown.
- Giovani Bernard only ran for 47 yards in a Bengals blowout win, but he did find the endzone twice!
- Le'Veon Bell (147) and LeGarrette Blount (118) both rushed for over 100 yards against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday Night Football. Blount found the endzone and had a 50 yard run, but even with an 81 yarder, Bell failed to score a TD.
Defense Wins Championships
- Surprise, surprise! Another team playing the Jacksonville Jaguars put up big points on the defensive end. The Indianapolis Colts allowed 17 points, had 4 sacks, forced 3 turnovers (2 INTs, 1 fum) and scored a touchdown.
- It's hard to imagine a defense shutting down Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense but the Lions allowed just 7 points, sacked Rodgers twice, forced 2 turnovers and scored a touchdown.
- The Bengals only allowed the Titans to score 7 points, had 2 sacks, 2 INTs and had a safety.
- The New York Giants shockingly played a great game and their defense allowed the Texans to score 17 points, sacked Ryan Fitzpatrick twice, picked him off 3 times and blocked a kick.
- Despite giving up 25 points, the Cowboys defense forced 3 turnovers, which included a game winning pick-6.
- Two receivers who are owned in 0% of Yahoo leagues, Damaris Johnson and Austin Pettis caught touchdowns.
- Two other receivers who are owned in less than 10% of Yahoo leagues, Eddie Royal and John Brown each caught 2 touchdowns through the air on Sunday.
- Ricardo Lockette now has 3 catches on the year and 2 touchdowns.
- It's now 3 weeks in a row for Darrel Young scoring a touchdown for the Redskins!
- The Ravens FB Kyle Juszczyk got into the scoring action on Sunday with a receiving touchdown.
- Isn't Joe McKnight a running back? He led the Chiefs in receptions with 6, receiving yards with 64 and touchdowns with 2.
- Roy Helu stole a 1-yard touchdown away from Alfred Morris.
- Knile Davis was the workhorse for the Chiefs but Cyrus Gray scored on the ground from 6 yards out.
- It wasn't Jimmy Graham, Jared Cook, Larry Donnell or Julius Thomas (well 1 TD was), no it was Josh Hill, Lance Kendricks, Daniel Fells and Jacob Tamme scoring touchdowns in the passing game.