Air It Out
- It really doesn't matter who the Jaguars play, they get destroyed by the opposing quarterback. This week the QB was Philip Rivers. Rivers threw for 377 yards and 3 touchdowns.
- Keenan Allen had 10 receptions for 135 yards and Eddie Royal caught 5 passes for 105 yards and for a second straight week caught 2 touchdowns.
- For a second straight week, Andrew Luck threw for 4 touchdowns. He was just shy of 400 yards with 393.
- Reggie Wayne had his first 100 yard game of the year and also caught his first touchdown pass.
- Tony Romo got back on track against the Saints on Sunday Night Football, completing 22 of 29 passes for 262 yards and 3 touchdowns.
- Terrance Williams had 6 receptions for 77 yards and 2 scores.
- Joe Flacco has really benefited from the addition of Steve Smith Sr. Flacco was 22/31 for 327 yards and 3 touchdowns.
- Smith caught 7 balls for 139 yards and scored twice.
- Ben Roethlisberger threw for 314 yards and 3 touchdowns in a losing effort
- Antonio Brown for a second straight week caught 2 touchdowns.
- Heath Miller caught 10 passes and a touchdown.
- Aaron Rodgers recently told fans to relax about his play and the Packers offense. He backed up his talk by throwing for 302 yards and 4 touchdowns.
- Mike Glennon made his first start of the year for the Buccaneers and led the team to a game winning drive with just a few seconds remaining. He went for over 300 yards and 2 scores.
- Making his first start of his career, rookie Teddy Bridgewater went 19/30 for 317 yards. He did not throw a touchdown or an INT. He added 27 yards and a score on the ground, but was carted off the field late in the game with an ankle injury.
- Jarius Wright (who?) caught 8 passes for 132 yards.
- Martellus Bennett continues to get it done at TE for the Bears as he caught 9 passes for 134 yards.
Ground and Pound
- DeMarco Murray has solidified his spot as this leagues best running back after his performance on Sunday Night Football. Murray ran for 149 yards and 2 touchdowns against the Saints. Murray has ran for at least 100 yards and scored a touchdown in all 4 of the Cowboys games this year.
- Who needs Adrian Peterson? The Vikings now have a new two headed monster in their run game. Matt Asiata had 20 carries for 78 yards and 3 touchdowns, while Jerick McKinnon ran for 135 yards on 18 carries.
- Matt Forte finally found success on the ground as he ran for 122 yards against the Packers but failed to score.
- Expect the 49ers to continue to feed Frank Gore going forward. Not only did he run for 119 yards on 24 carries, but he also added a 55 yard touchdown reception.
- Bernard Pierce was healthy enough to play but he did not see the field. Instead Justin Forsett (66 yards and a TD) and Lorenzo Taliaferro (58 yards and a TD) led the way for the Ravens.
- Lamar Miller took advantage of some costly Raiders turnovers and ran for 2 touchdowns.
Defense Wins Championships
- Although they allowed 26 points, the Eagles were the top scoring defense in week 4. They had 4 sacks, picked-6 Colin Kaepernick, blocked a kick and recovered it for a touchdown and Darren Sproles returned a punt for a touchdown.
- Miami allowed 14 points against the Raiders, forced 4 turnovers, had 2 sacks and scored a touchdown.
- The Texans got a pick-6 from who else? J.J. Watt. Turned out to be the difference in the game as they beat the Bills by 6.
- Indianapolis took advantage of a Jake Locker-less Titans team. They allowed 17 points, had 3 sacks and forced 3 turnovers.
- The 49ers forced 4 turnovers against Nick Foles and the Eagles and held LeSean McCoy to just 17 rushing yards as they hand the Philly their first loss of the season.
- Stevie Johnson had 1 catch for the 49ers which went for a 12 yard touchdown. Nice for Kaepernick owners, but awful for anyone who owns Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin, Vernon Davis or Frank Gore.
- Antone Smith for a second straight week had a long TD run for the Falcons. This week it was a 48 yard run.
- Dion Sims, who is a tight end for the Dolphins (for all of you who never heard of him) caught 1 pass from Ryan Tannehill that went for an 18 yard touchdown.
- Matthew Stafford threw a 59 yard touchdown against the Jets, but it wasn't Calvin Johnson or Golden Tate or even Reggie Bush on a screen. It was Jeremy Ross.
- A few tight ends who are owned in 0% of Yahoo leagues caught touchdown passes - Nic Jacobs of the Jaguars and Brian Leonhardt of the Raiders.
- The Falcons had 4 running backs dressed - Steven Jackson, Jacquizz Rodgers, Antone Smith and Devonta Freeman but it was Patrick DiMarco the FB who caught a 1 yard TD pass from Matt Ryan.