The Portland Trail Blazers beat the Dallas Mavericks last night, but lost Wes Matthews for the rest of the season, to a torn Achilles. With Matthews out, Arron Afflalo jumps into the starting rotation and you should check to see if his lack of scoring since being traded has seen him end up on the waiver wire. Steve Blake and C.J. McCollum should pick up extra playing time, but neither player needs to be added in fantasy basketball.
Matthews was averaging 7 three point shots per game, making just about 3 a night, so if you are looking to replace that category, here are some guys that might be available in your league:
- Eric Gordon
- The Pelicans guard is owned in just 51% of ESPN leagues (74% Yahoo) and Stephen Curry is the only player in the NBA to make more 3s than him over the last 15 days.
- Danilo Gallinari
- Double digit points in each game since the All-Star break and with Afflalo gone, Gallo has jumped into the starting rotation.
- Mo Williams
- Since being traded to the Hornets, he has caught fire with four 20 point games, a 31 point night and 4 double doubles. However, Kemba Walker will be back soon.
- Isaiah Canaan
- The 76ers acquired him at the trade deadline, and it took just 7 games for him to drop a career high 31 points on the OKC Thunder. He can get you 4-6 assists too.
- Mike Dunleavy
- He has sscored 21 points in 2 of the Bulls last 4 games, but just a total of 8 in the other 2. He has also added 24 rebounds over the 4 game span.