Getting a top 5 pick in your fantasy baseball draft is key this year. You know you are getting one of these guys - Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton, Paul Goldschmidt, Andrew McCutchen or Clayton Kershaw. If you land any of those guys you should be extremely happy.
However it's the second half of the first round that is very difficult.
Do you go with:
- Felix Hernandez (SP) - The only other pitcher with first round value not named Kershaw. He went 15-6 last year with a 2.14 ERA.
- Miguel Cabrera (1B) - For the past 7 years he's been a top 3 picks in fantasy drafts but now is 31 years old and is battling an injury that could keep him out past opening day.
- Carlos Gomez (OF) - Usually a leadoff man does not go in the 1st round but Gomez hit 34 doubles, 4 triples, and 23 home runs while knocking in 73 and scoring 95 runs. He also stole 34 bases.
- Jose Abreu (1B) - The White Sox first baseman is a beast. As a rookie last season he hit .317 with 36 home runs and drove in 107 runs. This year he is sandwiched in between Melky Cabrera and Adam LaRoche.
- Edwin Encarnacion (1B) - Despite only playing in 128 games last season, Encarnacion still hit 34 home runs and drove in 98 runs. He's sandwhiched in between Jose Bautista and Josh Donaldson.
- Jose Bautista (OF) - The 34 year old was healthy for the first time in 3 seasons last year and posted some really good numbers. Bautista hit .286 with 35 home runs, 103 RBI, 101 runs scored and walked 104 times. He was 1 of 3 players to have an on base percentage of over .400.
- Robinson Cano (2B) - Cano's production definitely took a hit last season moving from Yankee Stadium to Safeco Field but still put up good numbers. He hit .314 with 14 home runs and 82 RBI. However he could be more valuable than the players listed above because he plays second base and there are only a handful of players at that position who can put up solid numbers.
So if you have the 6th pick who are you taking?
Rank these players in order that you would select them in our comment section!