St. Louis Cardinals @ Chicago Cubs The St. Louis Cardinals as a team hit just .200 against Cubs starter Jake Arrieta. The current roster has just 18 hits in 90 ABs with 28 strikeouts and just 5 RBI. Matt Holliday and Matt Carpenter are 0-23 with 8 strikeouts. Jhonny Peralta has done well, .313 BA and Jason Heyward is new to the National League Central. Starlin Castro is 10-30 against Lance Lynn, Anthony Rizzo is 5 for 22. No other Cubs hitter has 10 ABs against Lynn.
Tampa Bay Ray @ Baltimore Orioles
- Evan Longoria and James Loney are 11-37 against Wei-Yin Chen, with 5 doubles, but have knocked in just 3 runs.
- The Orioles have 11 ABs against Nate Karns , and two of their 5 hits have been home runs by Chris Davis and J.J. Hardy.
- Freddie Freeman and Chris Johnson are a cool 17-35 against Mat Latos, with 6 doubles and 9 RBI.
- The rest of the team has just 17 ABs against the former Reds/Padres pitcher.
- Giancarlo Stanton has yet to figure out Alex Wood. In 16 ABs, Stanton has 2 hits, a double and a home run, but that's a .125 BA. Christian Yelich hits .421 off Wood.
Colorado Rockies @ Milwaukee Brewers
- Carlos Gonzalez has hit 3 home runs off of Matt Garza, but they are his only 3 hits in 12 ABs. He struck out 5 times.
- Troy Tulowitzki has just 2 hits in 13 ABs against Garza.
- Gerardo Parra has seen 13 ABs against Jordan Lyles and has 7 hits, including 3 doubles.
- With Ryan Braun out of the lineup, he could be a nice value play in DFS.
- Carlos Gomez is 5-11 off Lyles, Aramis Ramirez is 5-21.
San Francisco Giants @ Arizona Diamondbacks
- The Diamondbacks are 30-90 off Ryan Vogelsong, who is starting in place of Matt Cain, who was scratched from his start.
- Aaron Hill destroys Vogelsong, with 14 hits in 30 Abs, including 6 RBI on 3 doubles and 2 home runs.
- Paul Goldschmidt struggles, hitting just .250 with 8 strikeouts in 24 ABs.
- Rubby De La Rosa is making his first start for the Diamondbacks, after being acquired in the Wade Miley deal this offseason.
- Angel Pagan and Brandon Belt have homered off him.
Texas Rangers @ Oakland Athletics
- Coco Crisp and Josh Reddick have 44 of the Athletics 80 ABs against Colby Lewis and Crisp is out for a few more weeks.
- Billy Butler has a double and homer off Lewis driving in 4 runs.
- Jesse Hahn has yet to face any hitters on the Rangers.
- He has made just 12 career starts (14 appearances), one of which came against the American League.
- He shutout the Seattle Mariners over 7 innings in a start at Petco Field last June.
Los Angeles Angels @ Seattle Mariners
- James Paxton has made 17 starts, 4 of which have come against the Los Angeles Angels.
- Mike Trout and Albert Pujols have combined to go 3-21 against Paxton, with 6 strikeouts.
- C.J. Wilson ha spent his entire career in the AL West, and pitched 166.1 innings against the Mariners.
- Robinson Cano and Nelson Cruz are 15-48 off Wilson, with 10 walks and 9 strikeouts.
- Kyle Seager struggles, with just 3 hits in 33 ABs and 15 strikeouts!
San Diego Padres @ Los Angeles Dodgers
- Carl Crawford hits .538 off Tyson Ross
- Adrian Gonzalez and Yasiel Puig are a combined 7-32 off Ross
- Justin Upton is 7-14 off Zack Greinke with 2 doubles a homer and 4 walks
- Clint Barmes also hits over .400 off Greinke with a pair of doubles in 16 ABs