Joey Gallo had a historic debut with the Texas Rangers last night, hitting a two run homer, driving in 4 runs and being a triple away from a cycle.
We are starting a new series here on We Talk Fantasy Sports, and it's called DraftKings Wednesdays. I've been joining daily games (free entries) on DraftKings over the past few weeks, and found myself doing fairly well. I figured I would throw some cash into my account and see if I can win some real money
My Favorite batters by position, based on success against pitcher:
- Second Base: Dustin Pedroia - .342 hitter against Hughes with 5 home runs and just last week Pedroia went deep twice off of Hughes. At $4,100 he's a must have.
- Third Base:
- Adam Rosales - This could be the steal of the day, if he plays. Rosales should find his way into the Rangers lineup today as he absolutely destroys Chris Sale. Rosales is 6 for 11 with 3 home runs off of Sale! Oh yea and he costs peanuts - $2,400.
Batters to avoid by position, based on at-bats against pitcher:
- Catcher: Salvador Perez - Do not fall for his cheap $3,400 price. Perez is just a .190 hitter off of Corey Kluber in 21 at-bats with 7 K's.
- Second Base: Brandon Phillips - Just like his teammate Votto, Phillips is a guy you want to pass on today. You would think he would have figured it out after 33 at-bats but Phillips is just a .152 hitter off of Cole Hamels and has struck out 10 times!
- Elvis Andrus - Chris Sale owns Andrus, allowing just 2 singles in 17 at-bats while striking his out 5 times. The speedy shortstop is 0-2 when trying to steal a base off of Sale.
- Brandon Crawford - This guy has come out of his shell this year and going to shatter his career high in average, home runs and RBI. However let's not use him today. Crawford is 0-6 off of Francisco Liriano.
- Outfield: Curtis Granderson - In 60 plate appearances against James Shields, Granderson has been a disaster. He's hitting .119 with just 1 walk and 14 strike outs.
Top Pitching Options
- Corey Kluber ($10,400)
- Kluber has 50 strikeouts in his last 4 starts (32ip) and faces a Royals team that has been striking out a ton as of late. He has good career numbers against his division rivals and only struggles against Mike Moustakas. Alex Gordon, Eric Hosmer, Salvador Perez and Alcides Escobar have struck out 38 times in 109 ABs.
- Lance McCullers ($5,600)
- The Astros continue to impress and while McCullers has only pitched 5 complete innings once in three starts, he has 18 strikeouts in 15 innings. He will face an Orioles lineup that strikes out 8 times per game!