Tony Romo suffered a broken clavicle which will sideline him for about 8 weeks. Also Matthew Stafford was a little banged up after the Lions loss Sunday against the Vikings. Stafford had to go for x-rays on his chest and ribs. Here are some guys you can look for as a possible replacement.
- Tyrod Taylor (14% owned Yahoo) - Taylor has a big arm and possibly the fastest legs in the league. Over the first two games, Taylor has 5 touchdowns (4 passing, 1 rushing) and over 500 yards of offense. He might not only help your team moving forward, but he will be extremely fun to root for when you see him play.
- Andy Dalton (29% owned) - People love to hate Andy Dalton but he's off to a hot start in 2015. Through two games Dalton has thrown for 483 yards and 5 touchdowns. The Bengals offense is explosive so you can look to ride Dalton while he's hot.
|Keith Allison Flickr|
Eddie Lacy suffered a sprained ankle that could potentially keep him out for multiple weeks, although things are looking better today and Jeremy Hill lost two fumbles that could potentially cost him significant playing time in Cincinnati. Here are some RBs to target on the open market.
- James Starks (10% owned) - Starks will lead the backfield for the Packers for as long as Lacy is out with that ankle injury. During Sunday Night Football, Starks racked up 106 yards against the Seahawks defense.
- Matt Jones (22% owned) - We heard all off season how much the Redskins front office loved the rookie Matt Jones. Now we see why. Jones had 19 carries for 123 yards and two touchdowns against the Rams defense that shut down the Seahawks run game in week 1. Jones had one more carry then Alfred Morris. We could see a timeshare in Washington - or Jones will eventually become the featured back.
- Dion Lewis (34% owned) - Well if you thought Dion Lewis would ride the bench with LeGarrette Blount returning from suspension, you were wrong! Lewis played 73 of the 86 offense snaps against the Bills and continued to impress. Lewis ran for 40 yards on 7 carries and added 6 catches for 98 yards. He also scored a touchdown on the ground.
I'm sure many of you Dez Bryant owners are still looking for a consistent player to replace him for the next 8 weeks or so, and then there are the Roddy White owners who are wondering why he failed to record a catch for the first time in nearly 10 years. Take a look at these guys as potential adds.
- Michael Crabtree (23% owned) - I guess Crabtree just needed a change of scenery, or Derek Carr as his quarterback. Crabtree exploded for 9 receptions, 111 yards and a touchdown. Carr clearly loves looking his way as Crabtree saw 16 targets in the game.
- Leonard Hankerson (4% owned) - Roddy White was MIA in the Falcons offense when they beat the Giants on the road. However Hankerson was anything but MIA. Hankerson saw 11 targets from Matt Ryan and finished the game with 6 catches, 77 yards and a touchdown. If White is slowly breaking down then Hankerson is the guy to own. Julio will see his fair share of double teams moving forward which will make it easier for Hankerson to make plays.
- Stevie Johnson (74% owned) - Two games, two touchdowns. That's how Johnson has started his season with the Chargers. Johnson has caught 11 balls from Philip Rivers on 12 targets. He has racked up 127 yards and 2 touchdowns on those 11 receptions.
Outside the top 3-4 tight ends, the position is weak and very hit or miss each week. If you are looking to replace the guy you currently own, here is who you should be looking at.
- Eric Ebron (15% owned) - Coming out of UNC last year, Ebron was expected to do big things. He had a quiet rookie season but is off to a hot start this year. Through two games, Ebron has 9 catches on 15 targets, with 96 yards and a TD in both games. At 6'4 he's a redzone threat every week.
- Crockett Gillmore (3% owned) - After a quiet week 1, Gillmore busted out for 88 yards and two scores against the Raiders. He is the clear cut #2 option in the Ravens air attack, behind Steve Smith. With Breshad Perriman out until sometime in October, Gillmore will continue to see plenty of targets from Joe Flacco. Not only is his name awesome but he's also 6'6, 270lbs.