Even with four teams on BYE, fantasy football owners will not be missing their QB in Week 6 as Brandon Weeden could be replaced by Matt Cassel when the Cowboys return to action in Week 7, Nick Foles has been terrible and Jameis Winston ranks 20th at the QB position. Derek Carr is owned by just 46% of Yahoo owners and probably filled in for Tom Brady, Cam Newton or Ryan Tannehill owners.
- Josh McCown (6%) vs Broncos - McCown has now thrown for 1154 passing yards in the last three weeks with six touchdowns and just one interception. The Browns will have a tough matchup against the Broncos, who have yet to allow a QB to throw for 300 yards or multiple TDs.
Jamaal Charles appears to be lost for the season, while Joseph Randle, Latavius Murray, Todd Gurley and Doug Martin are all on BYE weeks.
- Isaiah Crowell (54%) vs Broncos - Crowell is averaging nearly a yard more per carry than Johnson but because of Johnson's pass catching skills, Crowell has yet to see more than 15 carries in a game. Crowell did dip into Johnson's value this week with a receiving TD.
- Duke Johnson (49%) - Johnson 21 receptions in the Browns last three games, picking up 172 yards. He has added just 56 yards rushing on 21 carries.
- Shane Vereen (44%) @ Eagles - The Giants finally featured Vereen on offense it paid off. He caught all 8 of his targets for 86 yards and scored a touchdown. He added 24 rushing yards on 5 carries as well. Vereen is dynamic and makes the Giants nearly impossible to stop on offense.
- Charcandrick West (11%) @ Vikings - West saw 7 carries to Davis' 2 after Charles was helped off the field. I would expect a 50/50 split moving forward until one of the two backs seperates himself.
- Knile Davis (14%) - Don't forget, last season from Week 2 - Week 4 Davis gained 318 rushing yards and scored three touchdowns. He has proven he can handle a full workload in the NFL before.
*It looks like Marshawn Lynch will return to action on Sunday against the Carolina Panthers
A.J. Green, Randall Cobb, Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas and many other top WRs put up stinkers in Week 5. With Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree, Tavon Austin, Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson all on BYE weeks, look for the following players to fill in your roster.
- Marquees Wilson (7%) @ Lions - If Alshon Jeffery and/or Eddie Royal miss another game, Wilson could have a nice game for a third week in a row. Oh yeah, he now leads the Bears with 234 receiving yards.
*Julio Jones might not play on Thursday Night Football against the New Orleans Saints
If you are in need of a new tight end or just a BYE week replacement for Jason Witten we have some good options for you to confidently turn to.
- Gary Barnidge (51%) vs Broncos - It's official, Josh McCown to Gary Barnidge is a lethal duo. Barnidge caught 8 of hi 10 targets for 139 yards and an awesome TD against a Ravens defense that had allowed just 8 receptions for 31 yards to TEs in the four games prior.
- Richard Rodgers (46%) vs Chargers - Rodgers followed up a 5 catch 45 yard 1 TD game with 6 receptions for 45 yards. Eric Ebron, Tyler Eifert and Barnidge have all caught TDs against the Chargers defense.
- Larry Donnell (45%) @ Eagles - If he is going to hold on to the football as tight as he did on that game winning touchdown reception, Donnell could become a solid Red Zone target for Eli Manning. He is coming off back to back games with 5 receptions and 35 yards.