Values plays are tough to find this week. Keep track of injuries to see if some value open up as the week unfolds. Last week paid dividends as most of the guys I touted had huge games. Josh McCown was a beast and Antonio Gates was a target machine in his first game back and scored me some big wins on @GoDraft. Gates price this week jumped from $4,400 to $10,600. Glad I played him last week. I played a lot of Jamison Crowder last week and that paid also. The reason these value plays are important is for salary relief during lineup construction. A value play or two in your lineup will allow you to pay up for a stud you really want to play in your lineup. Check out my other weekly article DFS5s where I give you 20 guys to play this week.
Value QB Plays
- Sam Bradford - GoDraft Price $12,000 - Week 5 started off tough for Bradford as he was picked off twice and couldn’t seem to complete many passes. Bradford picked it up to the tune of 333 yards and 2 TDs. I am touting Bradford this week after seeing how poor the New York Giants covered last week. Kaepernick was able to exploit that Giants secondary and linebackers for a very efficient 260 yards and 2 TDs. The Giants have a bunch of injuries on defense, don’t cover well, and were not able to get a consistent pass rush. Bradford spreads the ball around so feel free to play a naked Bradford without the stacked WR/TE.
- Jay Cutler - GoDraft Price $11,200 - Cutler led the Bears on that final drive for the win and was the hero. He stayed away from the INT and ended with 22 fantasy points. He may get Jeffrey and/or Royal back this week vs a poor Detroit defense. Detroit allows the 2nd most passing point per attempt in the NFL so Cutler is a nice play at this price again.
Also consider: Blake Bortles $11,000, Alex Smith $10,700
Value RB Plays
- Charcandrick West - GoDraft Price $6,000 - West out snapped Knile Davis last week 18-4 after the injury to Jamal Charles. West is a workout freak and a specimen on the football field. He has the versatility, strength and agility to fill the Charles void but to what extent is to be seen. Andy Reid loves him and all reports are he steps in as the #1 back in KC.
- Theo Riddick - GoDraft Price $7,000 - Riddick is taking advantage of his touches out of the backfield. He leads all backs in catches and is finding the end zone often enough to be valuable. He is a top 15 back this season and should continue to have his chances with the run game not producing and a poor Chicago defense this week.
Also consider: Shane Vereen $6,100 , Javorius Allen $4,850
Value WR Plays
- Andrew Hawkins - GoDraft Price $4,600 - Baby Hawk saw 9 targets last week which was converted into 7 catches and 49 yards. Cleveland has a tough matchup this week vs Denver but I feel the RBs, TEs, and Hawkins underneath may be the Browns best bet to move the ball.
- Jamison Crowder - GoDraft Price $6,200 - Crowder paid off last week and didn’t get in the end zone. He caught 8 balls for over 80 yards. He has a tough matchup with the New York Jets which could turn into a running game but I still like his target volume.
Also consider: Mohamed Sanu $4,600, Marquess Wilson $7,900
Value TE Plays
- Garrett Celek - GoDraft Price $4,700 - Celek was targeted 5 times in week 5 and caught a TD pass. San Francisco has another good matchup this week vs Baltimore that Celek can take advantage of over the middle.
Also consider: Brent Celek $6,800
Come check out my DFS5s article touting my favorite players for @GoDraft. Join my 20 person $5 tournament called DFS5s for my readers this week. Follow me on twitter @shppirate12 and use my link on GoDraft when you sign up to get a bonus.
Written by Steven Ricciardi