The DFS GRIND is real. I had a very profitable week last week and stuck to the script. A few of my value plays his big which allowed me to get into the money in my GPPs. The bye weeks are limiting the player pool so we need to find those guys in good spots that we want to fit into our lineups. I’ll give you 5 players on each list for consideration this week. Join my 20 person $5 tournament called DFS5s for my readers this week. It was a tough week to find cheap guys but check out my other article called Value Plays.
- Tom Brady (GoDraft $17,000) A little over a month ago we didn’t think Brady would be playing in the 1st 4 games of the season. Not only has been played but he is the #1 QB in fantasy football averaging just under 26 points per game. In addition the Patriots have been throwing the ball early and often. Dion Lewis has been unreal out of the backfield and the Patriots keep rolling. If Brady needed any motivation this week the opponent is the Indianapolis Colts who blew the whistle on Brady and the Patriots in the AFC Championship game that started deflategate. Indy is bad at defending the pass and ranks bottom 3rd in most fantasy points allowed overall.
- Andy Dalton (GoDraft $12,300) Truth be told I just made my 1st lineup on GoDraft for this week and went with Dalton. He is cheap and has a great matchup vs the Buffalo Bills. On the season opponents are passing 70% of the time vs Buffalo. I expect to see a more balanced attack from Cincinnati but Dalton will use the pass to take advantage of his weapons. He has AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Marvin Jones, and Mohamed Sanu who can all hurt the defense. Dalton is coming off a 331 yard, 2 TD game vs Seattle last week and also had a 72 yard TD to Green called back because of penalty. I like that stack to hit the end zone this week.
- Aaron Rodgers (GoDraft $17,600) Rogers fantasy numbers have been up and down this season. He had the huge week 3 game vs Kansas City but has put up average numbers around that effort. He is consistent but you may not want to pay up for him with a hurting Randall Cobb. Ty Montgomery has stepped up for Rogers and could be a low owned stack. Rogers has a good matchup vs the San Diego Chargers and Vegas projects the Packers to score 30 points on Sunday. The Chargers have been beat on the ground this season but with the GB running game ineffective most games I can see Rogers picking up the slack. I like SD to score also so this could turn into a shootout.
- Carson Palmer (GoDraft $13,200) Carson has another good matchup and I’m surprised Vegas is projecting 23.5 points for the Cardinals this week. Carson has been spreading the ball around and has 3 top quality options at WR to take advantage of and stretch the field. His yardage total was down last week but that is a result of the lead Arizona jumped out to early in the game. I think this game will be played a lot tighter and reports this week are that Big Ben may be back for Pittsburgh which could make this a very competitive and higher scoring contest. Pittsburgh is middle of the road in fantasy points allowed but is good vs the run which leaves those fantasy points available for the WR position.
- Eli Manning (GoDraft $15,800) Eli’s price has risen each week and although I like him this week I am concerned about the price as I like cheaper options. My only concern is Odell Beckham and Rueben Randle’s injuries last week vs the 49ers and if they are full go this week. Eli and the Giants take on the Philadelphia Eagles so game script means they will be running more plays. The New York Giants running game has been stagnant so they have been looking to the passing game to favorable results. Shane Vereen and Rashad Jennings are producing on their targets out of the backfield which has added up to big yardage totals for Eli in recent weeks. Larry Donnell had the big TD catch on Sunday night to seal the game and Eli has spread the ball around as it looks like Beckham is bracketed most of the time on the outside. The Giants defense looked bad Sunday night and the injuries are adding up on them so I expect a game in the 50s or 60s with Philly this week.
- Adrian Peterson (GoDraft $16,000) I am not sure why his price is down after a bye week but I’ll take it. Peterson should be well over 20 touches again this week vs a Kansas City Chiefs team this is dead last in fantasy points allowed per game. We always like to be in this spot with the home team Vikings penciled in as 3 point favorites. Vegas sees this game script the same way I do and Adrian Peterson is the beneficiary.
- Arian Foster (GoDraft $14,400) Foster is a three down back and has a juicy matchup vs the Jacksonville Jaguars this week. Jacksonville is giving up over 23 fantasy points per game to RBs this season. Foster got 28 touches last week and should see over 20 touches again this Sunday. Take advantage of those PPR points!
- Carlos Hyde (GoDraft $9,000) Hyde had over 20 touches vs the New York Giants on Sunday night and looked good vs a good rush defense. I think his price drop is unwarranted but take advantage of the savings as he’s a volume guy playing against a bad Baltimore defense after these injuries. I like Hyde out of the backfield and Isaiah Crowell/Duke Johnson took advantage last week. Baltimore is bottom 5 overall in fantasy points given up per game so take advantage of the soft price of Hyde.
- Chris Ivory (GoDraft $10,300) Last time we saw Chris Ivory he was running all over the Miami Dolphins in London finishing with 166 yards. Washington is a top 10 fantasy defense but this Jets offensive line should be healthy after the bye and they are very good at giving Ivory room to run. I see 20+ touches for Ivory and solid yardage.
- Lamar Miller (GoDraft $9,700) This is a gut call but my hope is the Miami Dolphins give Lamar Miller 20 touches and let him grind out yardage. Miami fired Coach Philbin and need an identity. I expect this to be a tight game in Tennessee and this Miami team can rally around Lamar Miller eating up yardage on the ground. Tennessee is a good defense so this is not the best spot for Miller, like I said Gut Call!!!!
- DeAndre Hopkins (GoDraft $14,900) DeAndre has a very juicy matchup this week vs Jacksonville. I expect this to be a close game which means a high volume of meaningful targets this week. DeAndre is averaging 14.8 targets, 8.4 catches and 115 yards per game. In addition he has been on the field for 69 more snaps than any other WR this season. He has plenty of opportunity and I like the spot he is in this week.
- Jeremy Maclin (GoDraft $11,300) I know Kansas City WRs don’t score TDs but Maclin gets in the end zone this week. Minnesota is giving up 20 fantasy points per game to WRs and Maclin is the WR who sees volume targets. He was seeing 10 targets a game with Jamal Charles in the lineup and in Charles absence, I think everyone will see more opportunity. PPR alone he will pay off but my prediction is he scores his 2nd Chiefs TD.
- A.J. Green (GoDraft $14,500) I always like when one of my favorite plays drops in price. AJ Green dropped almost $1,000 the last two weeks and he had a 72 yard TD pass called back last week, his 2nd long pass play on the season called back because of penalty. Andy Dalton is hot right now and the secondary has been torched for yards this season. They are currently giving up 25+ fantasy points per game to WRs.
- Calvin Johnson (GoDraft $12,900) This price is absurd. Calvin has faced a brutal schedule to start the season but gets a very nice matchup this week. Detroit is a mess on both sides of the ball which means this could turn into a shootout and Calvin is still very capable of big numbers. Vegas is projecting 43 points in this game and that’s not enough
- Julian Edelman (GoDraft $14,100) I’m not in love with the price as I was able to take advantage of the softer pricing on Edelman in previous weeks but he is Mr. Consistent. It seems Brady finds him every week for 8 to 10 catches and if Indy can put up points this game could stay competitive. The game script could work against him again but he did score last week in the 2nd half on a beautiful catch and run.
- Rob Gronkowski (GoDraft $15,800) Week 1 was a Gronk week and I think Brady needs to show Gronk some TD love. At his price you just want to see the TD to really solidify this decision. Vegas has the Patriots scoring 31.25 points this week so there is plenty of room for a Gronk TD in the forecast.
- Duke Johnson (GoDraft $7,400) Duke is not a 3 down back yet but his value comes in the passing game. Denver is brutal against a normal passing game but has struggled vs the high targeted RB. Denver is giving up 18.42 fantasy points per game to RBs and this is not the game for Crowell to see a bunch of touches. I think Duke is on the field all day and gets 8-12 targets in the passing game.
- Delanie Walker (GoDraft $8,000) Walker is another guy priced too low. Miami has been victimized by decent TEs in two contests this year and Walker is a quality target. The Tennessee run game has been brutal so short passes to Walker will put them in good down and distance.
- Eddie Lacy (GoDraft $12,100) I left this last pick as my make or break selection. Lacy is in a great spot: favored at home vs a terrible run defense. The expectation is he takes advantage of this matchup and has a big game. I’m interested to see how he performs and I think Lacy finds the end zone twice. My bold prediction for this week.
The GoDraft lobby filled up last week so grab your entries early. Get on twitter and follow @Jortsports to join our exclusive private contest. Another option is to join my 20 person $5 tournament called DFS5s for my readers this week, it’s posted in the lobby. Follow my partner @FantasyAddicts1 and watch our podcast this week touting our selections for the week. Check out my value plays article for @GoDraft also. Follow me on twitter @shppirate12 and use my link on GoDraft when you sign up to get a bonus.
Written by Steven Ricciardi