Next up for @J_No24 to cover: @OBJ_3 And @Panthers Batman says he noticed Odell's Joker shoes Monday Night, too. https://t.co/lQg2F6E4PN— Rich Eisen (@richeisen) December 16, 2015
Yes, this is a serious question. Should you sit Odell Beckham Jr. this week when the New York Football Giants take on the undefeated Carolina Panthers. Why you ask? Odell will be going up against arguably the best cornerback in the NFL - Josh Norman.
Beckham leads the NFL with 457 receiving yards over the last four weeks and has posted six straight 100+ yard games with eight touchdowns!
Let's take a look at what Norman has done this season facing the opposing team's best options at receiver.
- Jaguars Week 1 - Allen Hurns 2 catches for 14 yards. Allen Robinson 0 catches on 3 targets.
- Texans Week 2 - DeAndre Hopkins caught just 2 of his 7 targets for 24 yards.
- Saints Week 3 - Brandin Cooks 2 catches on 3 targets for 23 yards and an INT.
- Buccaneers Week 4 - Mike Evans 0 catches on 1 target. Vincent Jackson caught 2 balls on 6 targets for 31 yards and an INT.
- Eagles Week 7 - 0 targets.
- Colts Week 8 - 1 catch for 15 yards on 3 targets.
- Cowboys Week 12 - Dez Bryant 1 catch for 6 yards on 5 targets.
- Saints Week 13 - Cooks 1 catch for 19 yards
- Falcons Week 14 - Julio Jones 4 catches for 33 yards on 6 targets.
You almost never sit your top player at any position, but some people are actually considering benching Odell, despite it being the fantasy football playoffs. My opinion is go with who got you there, but then again numbers don't lie!
A few elite numbers - Sunday's Odell Beckham/Josh Norman matchup is must-watch TV #giants #panthers https://t.co/LOjjtyWUxW via @FoxSports— Dan Schneier (@DanSchneierNFL) December 17, 2015
Josh Norman: Odell Beckham Jr. is 'a special talent in this league.' https://t.co/6v9gaPahAG pic.twitter.com/hJFYsUICYr— theScore (@theScore) December 16, 2015
DeAndre + Dez + Julio = 63 yards COMBINED vs Josh Norman. @OBJ_3 on deck... 🍿🍿🍿 ready pic.twitter.com/jB5LHUODMs— SportsNation (@SportsNation) December 16, 2015