The Big Board 2016 is here! This is the definitive z-score calculator for creating player ranks/values and managing a draft board. Check out the official tutorial!
I’ve personally put a ton of elbow grease into converting this from just the spreadsheet that I use to dominate my competitors in fantasy baseball into something that a much wider audience would find useful. It was good enough to beat 278 other teams in the 2014 Sultans of Stats league, and it has only improved since then. It includes over 50 custom player projections based on offseason news, injuries the projection systems don’t know about, and analysis via Fangraphs.
There’s a default demo version available, to get a feel for how it all works. If you try it out and agree that it’s a useful tool, and especially if you plan to use it to win money from your unsuspecting leaguemates this year, go ahead and hit the Buy link (or, Buy the points league version). It’s just five bucks, more than worth it even if you aren’t in a money league, because who likes drafting crappy teams and losing?
You should receive access within 5 minutes of placing your order. Please keep in mind that this is a macro-enabled Excel sheet, so you will need to use *Windows* Microsoft Excel to access it!
Past users of the Big Board had this to say
All I can think of is waiting to get the big board. It’s so clear you put a ton of work into it and I couldn’t manage my auction draft without it[…] Can’t wait for this year’s to come out!
I won my league for the first time last year, and I am chalking that up to the BIG BOARD!
I used your tool last year and ended up setting the record for most roto points in a season – and our league goes back to 1983! Looking forward to your master spreadsheet again in 2016
- Fully customizable to your league’s settings
- Uses z-score method to generate ranks and auction values directly from player projectionsChoose from your favorite projections (Steamer, ZiPS, Davenport, Fantasy411 Composite, Fans), or easily make your own
- Comes pre-loaded with over 50 adjustments your favorite projection systems might miss!
- Automagically finds replacement level based on your league settings
- Set up a category punting strategy
- Calculates standard 5×5 value for referenceCreate and track a watch list
- Search players by name/position
- Shows ‘best remaining player’ for each position and each stat
- Auto-update ESPN/Yahoo/CBS Ranks and ADPs
- Mark+hide drafted players for in-draft managementTrack projected performance of your team vs. everyone else’s, including roto ranks and remaining budget
- Track all team rosters
- Calculates inflation for auction draftsSupports up to 16 teams, Roto/Categories/Points, Snake/Auction, Mixed/AL/NL, CBS/ESPN/Yahoo, up to 13×14 scoring, and rosters of nearly any shape/size
- NEW for 2016: Allows separating OF into LF/CF/RF
- NEW for 2016: Allows player notes and comes pre-loaded with injury updates and multi-position eligibilities for every player
- NEW for 2016: Aging curves to adjust values in dynasty/keeper leagues
Please send any feedback you have, and report any bugs you encounter.
- Up to 10×10 categories will be displayed – beyond that, they will be included in the calculation but not displayed!
- Waiting on projections from: ZiPS, Fantasy411
- Waiting on rankings/ADPs from most sites
Follow Harper on Twitter @HarperWallBang