Today was one of my favorite days in NBA DFS this year. I spent a lot of time researching my plays(both the value and the mid-high level) and it really paid off. I managed to get back about 6x what I put in to about 120 GPP entries. It's really nice when things actually go more or less how you expect them to with a few fun surprises as well.
Almost every single value play I wrote about yesterday got at least 5x value, and many had much more. Darren Collison, J.J. Barea , Raymond Felton, Patty Mills, Shane Larkin, Wesley Matthews, Norman Powell, Danny Green, Omri Casspi, Kyle Anderson, Moe Harkless, Willie Cauley-Stein, Kosta Koufos, Boban Marjanovic, and of course Rudy Gobert to be specific. Barea, Powell, Casspi, Anderson, Cauley-Stein, and Gobert were terrific values. In addition to these picks with last minute news I used a lot of Josh Richardson and Seth Curry who also both did quite well.
Of course didn't play Jon Leuer, Alonzo Gee, Jusuf Nurkic, or Tim Frazier due to various late breaking news. The only real "dud" from last night was P.J. Tucker which is pretty amazing with the amount of players listed here. I also really expected more from Collison and was highly exposed to him but I'll take 5x from a player any time.
I hope for more of the same tuesday leading up to the big weds tournaments fanduel is running. It's a tough 6 game slate with not a lot of value. You'll need to continue to hunt for bargains as news trickles in tomorrow but I hope this provides a good head start.
Make sure to check out today's FanDuel GPPs and if you're not already a member of FanDuel go ahead and sign up through that link. I also just started a DFS twitter account - follow me @Yolo_Contendere
That's it! Good luck to all.
- Shane Larkin $3700 - Shane has been in starting lineup straight 3 games now, and he's seen a considerable increase in playing time. For some reason his price hasn't moved at all, despite averaging 7.5x the last 3 games. At near minimum value and playing well, Larkin makes a ton of sense.
- J.R. Smith $4200 - Last time Lebron James sat out Smith put up 28.8 FDP. But Iman Shumpert played in that game, which may not be the case Tuesday. Also James Harden has been run into the ground and while he's still an awesome fantasy option, he remains a not so great defender. All signs post to increased minutes and usage for JR. This is a good cash play but an even better GPP play.
- Jeremy Lin
$4200 - The 76ers are bad. If the hornets get up big, that means more playing time for Lin. In the previous two games, this happened one of the times and even when it happened Lin didn't really play so great. Lin has been coming on recently though, and with the Hornets looking to the playoffs now, they might want to cut down on Walker's workload a bit. I'm expecting 30 minutes and good value from Lin today.LIN IS NOW DOUBTFUL
- LATE ADDITION: Iman Shumpert $3500 - Shumpert is now ruled as "playing", priced at minimum salary, and likely to start if not at least get some additional playing time. Shumpert makes some sense as a punt today with Lebron out. It's worth noting that Shumpert really doesn't score much, so you're hoping he racks up rebounds, steals, blocks, and maybe knocks down a few shots. He's also a pretty good passer and in a game I expect to be very high scoring, don't be surprised if he puts up 4-5ast as well. However, counting on shumpert is a bad idea. He's an ice cold shooter and could put up 8 points just as easy as 25. Still it's a great spot for him and it's worth mentioning him. I'll certainly be running him out there in a few lineups.
- Harrison Barnes $4200 - I usually stay away from Barnes but he's in a good spot here and the position is currently very thin on value. At home in a game vs. Otto Porter he sound get a few more shots up than usual. His minutes have been quite stable though he's failed to get hot while Klay/Steph take up a lot of the shots on offense. This isn't a high ceiling play but it's a pretty high floor play in my opinion.
- Markieff Morris $4900 - Markieff may not play in this game, but according to him he could have easily played sunday and just has a bruise. If he does in fact play his price is very attractive. The Warriors are the best team in the league(and possibly ever) but for whatever reason Markieff has played well against Draymond and the Warriors. Additionally he was getting hot and his minutes were up before he went down with the injury 2 games ago. I assume he only plays if he's a full-go and if he is a full go he should see 30 minutes and be a good choice for value at PF.
- LATE ADDITION: Andrew Nicholson $4000 = I really thought Vucevic would be back this game but he's been ruled out along with Ghostface Ilya. That leaves just the starters in Dedmon/Gordon to go along with Jason Smith and Nicholson wich should help Nicholson secure at least 20 min of playing time. In 5 out of 7 of the last games in the same scenario Nicholson has been fantastic putting up 6-8.5x value in those games. This is however a high risk pick as he also have 2 games in that stretch where he got 0 and 4.4 points respectively. So buyer beward, but if Nicholson sees the court, he could be very productive today and should not be ignored.
- Ian Mahinmi $5100 - The Bulls are awful against big men right now. They're allowing huge points to everybody over 6'8" they face these days. Mahinmi has been effective in the previous matchups this season, and that was before the Bulls started just handing out fantasy points to big men.
That's it! Good luck to all.