When it comes to DFS we all know how valuable starting pitching is. However, if you go ahead and take the two best pitchers for the day, then you're left with chump change to fill out your lineup. In order to help you win some cash, here are three pitchers who I LOVE for Friday night and whether you want to spend top dollar, an average buck or a pitcher on the cheap, I got you covered!
Madison Bumgarner - $11,100
- There is no pitcher more locked in right now than Madison Bumgarner. MadBum made two starts in July before the All-Star break and threw 15 innings, allowing just five hits and three walks, while striking out 20. His final start on Sunday was a complete game, 1-hit shutout with 14 strikeouts against the Diamondbacks
- He is 10-4 on the year with a 1.94 ERA and a WHIP of 0.96. He has struck out 146 batters in 129.2 IP.
- Bumgarner faces the Padres on Friday night in San Diego. This will be his third start of the year against the Padres and is 2-0. In 15.2 innings MadBum has allowed 11 hits, two walks and three runs, while striking out 20.
- Derek Norris has had some success off of Bumgarner, going 9-30 with two doubles and a home run, but has struck out 12 times. Matt Kemp has the most hits of any Padres off of Bumgarner with 10. However he's just 10-54, which is good for a 1.85 avg.
- Combined, the Padres are hitting .174 (28-174) off of Bunmgarner with a .236 OBP and have struck out more than 31% of their at-bats.
Hector Santiago - $8,200
- Hector Santiago has stepped up big time for the Angels, and has become their best pitcher over his last six starts, allowing one or no runs in four of those starts.
- Santiago will take the mound Friday night against the White Sox, a team he has already dominated this year. Back in April, Santiago threw seven shutout innings against the White Sox, allowing two hits and three walks, while striking out 10 batters.
- Adam Eaton and Brett Lawrie are the only White Sox players with more than one hit against Santiago. They both have two, and Lawrie has done it in 13 at-bats.
- Combined, the White Sox are hitting just .160 (8-50) off of Santiago with a .276 OBP, while striking out 30% of their at-bats.
Bartolo Colon - $6,200
- 43 year old Bartolo Colon continues to amaze the baseball world, as he was a National League All-Star this year. Over the first half of the season Colon went 7-4 with a 3.28 ERA and a 1.22 WHIP.
- Colon will take the hill Friday night against the Phillies in Philadelphia. Since joining the Mets in 2014, Colon is 7-3 against the Phillies.
- In 2016 so far Colon is 0-1 against Philly in two starts, throwing 12 innings, allowing nine hits, one walk and four runs, while striking out 11.
- Carlos Ruiz has the most success off of Colon, going 7-21. Ryan Howard has three career homers off of Colon but is just 6-28, which is good for a .214 average.
- Combined, the Phillies are hitting .256 against Colon with a .287 OBP and have struck out nearly 24% of their at-bats.