- Cam Newton
- Just sit back and enjoy the first night of the NFL season. Do not play Cam Newton in any DFS games as the Panthers take on the Denver Broncos. Last season Denver allowed just 200 yards per game through the air. Newton failed to throw a touchdown in the Super Bowl and was sacked six times and turned the ball over three times.
- Philip Rivers
- Last season the Chargers managed to score just six total points in two games against the Kansas City Chiefs. Clearly Rivers did not throw for a touchdown and was picked off twice.
- Jeremy Hill
- Hill is a touchdown machine, scoring 20 touchdowns in his first two seasons in the NFL. However the Jets allowed just two rushing touchdowns in 2015 to running backs, and gave up the fourth fewest points to the position last year in DraftKings.
- C.J. Anderson
- Just like Cam Newton, avoid C.J. Anderson. Thursday night will be a Super Bowl rematch and could be a defensive battle. Although the Panthers ranked 18th against running backs in DraftKings a season ago, it's hard to think any offensive player will have a big night in this one.
|Click here to play|
NFL DFS Week 1 on DraftKings
- Mike Evans
- Evans will face the Atlanta Falcons defense that allowed the fewest points per game to wide receivers last season in DraftKings. Wide receivers only caught 157 passes against the Falcons secondary and scored seven times.
- Alshon Jeffery
- The Texans were the third best pass defense in the NFL last season, allowing fewer than 230 yards per game through the air. They also ranked fifth in sacks with 45, so Jay Cutler won't have much time to find Jeffery for big plays. Houston was the sixth best defense against wide receivers in DraftKings last year.
- Antonio Gates
- In two games against the Chiefs last season, Gates only had 82 receiving yards, and was held to just six yards in one of the games. The Chiefs allowed just two touchdowns to tight ends last season and tight ends averaged less than 9 points per week against the Chiefs in DraftKings.
- Zach Ertz
- Despite 75 receptions last season, Ertz caught just two touchdowns, which is a major disappointment for a guy his size. The Eagles get the Browns in week 1 but Cleveland gave up the sixth fewest points per game to tight ends in DraftKings last season, only allowing 61 receptions (less than 4 per game).