Jose Ramirez and Francisco Lindor were the only hitters to bat .300 in the regular season, but they were led by Mike Napoli and Carlos Santana on offense. They both hit 34 home runs with Napoli driving in 101 runs. Ramirez hit 46 doubles while Jason Kipnis hit 41, to go along with 23 home runs.
They manufactured 777 runs, 2nd best in the American League behind an MLB best 878 from scored by the Boston Red Sox.
Lindor continues to be red hot in the postseason with 10 hits (2 doubles & 2 home runs). Kipnis, Santana and Coco Crisp each have hit two home runs during their run.
The starting rotation finished with the 7th best ERA in the MLB, while the bullpen had the fourth lowest ERA during the regular season.
Carrasco and Salazar have not participated in postseason action, but it is possible that Salazar pitches in the World Series.
Andrew Miller has been lights out in October, leading the Indians in strikeouts with 21 in 11.2 innings pitched!The Indians could have Danny Salazar, who hasn't pitched since Sept. 9, back for the World Series https://t.co/nP5P0rXDdo pic.twitter.com/d4sll4CVz7— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) October 22, 2016
Players Acquired Via Trade (Baseball-Reference.com)
- Carlos Santana - July 26, 2008: Traded by the Los Angeles Dodgers with Jon Meloan to the Cleveland Indians for Casey Blake and cash.
- Yan Gomes - November 3, 2012: Traded by the Toronto Blue Jays with Mike Aviles to the Cleveland Indians for Esmil Rogers.
- Coco Crisp - August 31, 2016: Traded by the Oakland Athletics with cash to the Cleveland Indians for Colt Hynes.
- Trevor Bauer - December 11, 2012: Traded as part of a 3-team trade by the Arizona Diamondbacks with Matt Albers and Bryan Shaw to the Cleveland Indians. The Cincinnati Reds sent Didi Gregorius to the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Cincinnati Reds sent Drew Stubbs to the Cleveland Indians. The Cleveland Indians sent Lars Anderson and Tony Sipp to the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Cleveland Indians sent Shin-Soo Choo, Jason Donald and cash to the Cincinnati Reds.
- Corey Kluber - July 31, 2010: Traded as part of a 3-team trade by the San Diego Padres to the Cleveland Indians. The San Diego Padres sent Nick Greenwood to the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cleveland Indians sent Jake Westbrook to the St. Louis Cardinals. The St. Louis Cardinals sent Ryan Ludwick to the San Diego Padres.
- Andrew Miller - July 31, 2016: Traded by the New York Yankees to the Cleveland Indians for J.P. Feyereisen (minors), Clint Frazier (minors), Justus Sheffield (minors) and Ben Heller.
- Michael Brantley - October 3, 2008: the Milwaukee Brewers sent Michael Brantley to the Cleveland Indians to complete an earlier deal made on July 7, 2008. July 7, 2008: The Milwaukee Brewers sent a player to be named later, Rob Bryson (minors), Zach Jackson and Matt LaPorta to the Cleveland Indians for CC Sabathia.
- Carlos Carrasco - July 29, 2009: Traded by the Philadelphia Phillies with Jason Knapp (minors), Jason Donald and Lou Marson to the Cleveland Indians for Ben Francisco and Cliff Lee.
Players Drafted (RosterResource.com)
- Jason Kipnis - 2nd Round 2009
- Francisco Lindor - 8th Overall 2011
- Tyler Naquin - 15th Overall 2012
- Lonnie Chisenhall - 29th Overall 2008
- Josh Tomlin - 19th Round 2006
- Ryan Merritt - 16th Round 2011
- Cody Allen - 23rd Round 2011
Free Agents Signed
- Jose Ramirez - Amateur Free Agent 2009
- Mike Napoli - 1 year $7 mil 2016
- Rajai Davis - 1 year $5 mil 2016