So the World Series comes down to one single game, winner take all - something all baseball fans pray for every single year. There is a lot of the line tonight, as the Cubs try to break their 108 year drought, and the Indians try to win their first World Series since 1948. It's been a LONG time for both cities.
Two of Cleveland's three wins have come on nights Corey Kluber has taken the mound. Kluber pitched games 1 and 4, which Cleveland won both games easily. Kluber was masterful in both games, and is getting the ball in game 7 tonight for a chance to win a World Series.
In two starts Kluber has thrown 12 innings, allowing 9 hits, 1 run, 1 walk and struck out 15 batters.
- 6 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
- Gets the W in an Indians 6-0 victory
- 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- Gets the W in an Indians 7-2 victory
We all remember the 2001 World Series, in which the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the New York Yankees in 7 games, winning the series on a walk-off single by Luis Gonzalez off of the great Mariano Rivera.
Curt Schilling was remarkable, getting the start in games 1, 4 and 7. He did everything possible to limit the Yankees offense and gave Arizona the chance to win a World Series.
In three starts Schilling threw 21.1 innings, allowing 12 hits, 4 runs, 4 earned runs, 2 walks and struck out 26 batters. Unbelievable.
- 7 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
- Gets the W in a D'backs 9-1 victory
- 7 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K
- Gets a ND, D'backs lose 4-3
- 7.1 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
- Gets a ND, D'Backs win 3-2