Air It Out
- Eleven quaterbacks tossed for 300+ yards on Sunday, including Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill.
- Aaron Rodgers (4 TDs), Philip Rivers (3) & Michael Vick (2) each threw for over 400 yards!
- Sam Bradford led all QBs in pass attempts with 55
- A mix of 19 players hauled in 100+ receiving yards, led by Desean Jackson and his 193 on 9 receptions.
- Julian Edelman set the bar this week on Thursday Night Football with 13 receptions and 5 others caught at least 10 passes including RB Matt Forte (11) and TE Jimmy Graham (10).
- Eddie Royal backed up his 2 TD Week 1 performance with 3 more in Week 2! If he was not picked up last week off waivers in your league, he is worth putting in a claim for! He caught 7 passes for 90 yards this week!
Ground and Pound
- Just 6 RBs got 20+ carries this week, including Green Bay Packers running back James Starks! Eddie Lacy took a blow to the head and was forced to leave this one early. Don't fall in love with Starks!
- Doug Martin led the way with 29 carries and fantasy favorites Marshawn Lynch (28), Adrian Peterson (26), Chris Johnson (25) & DeAngelo Williams (22) joined him as the only other backs to get 20+ carries.
- Six backs rushed for at least 100 yards including Darren McFadden who reached 100 yards just 3 times all last season/.
- Knowshon Moreno took advantage of playing time with 2 rushing touchdowns from 20+ yards out picking up 93 yards on 13 carries.
Is There a Doctor in the House?!Before kickoff Sunday, news was spreading about Danny Amendola possibly needing surgery for a sports hernia that could keep him out for up to a month! Then the games started and it seemed like everyone was seen walking to the locker room with a trainer!
- Ray Rice left with a hip flexor strain and Bernard Pierce ended up with 57 yards and TD.
- Steven Jackson got just 3 carries before leaving the game, but thankfully caught a TD pass from Matt Ryan and not totally killing fantasy owners. No update on the severity of the injury.
- Eddie Lacy was knocked out by a hit to the head on his first carry of the day and James Starks filled in to rush for 132 yards and a TD and caught 4 passes.
- Reggie Bush took a helmet to the knee but was able to stay in the game, be it mostly on the sidelines.
- Maurice Jones-Drew played gingerly with an ankle injury that will be examined today.
- Andre Johnson left the Texans overtime win due to a possible concussion and left the door wide open for rookie WR DeAndre Hopkins to leave his mark, catching the game winning TD. Hopkins caught 7 passes for 117 yards and the score. Absolutely worth an add to your fantasy football roster.
- Larry Fitzgerald's hamstring really limited him in Week 2 but he should be fine for Week 3.
- Malcom Floyd was carted off the field on a stretcher but should be just fine.
- Vernon Davis left Sunday Night's mess of a game with a hamstring injury and did not return.